E7470 Big Sur Beta Installation

dave.stl

I will be ashamed if you generated that just for me. It worked like a charm.

Initially, i disconnected the unsupported NVMe to install BS on the 2nd SSD. All went well. The Device Properties entries did not work, and i assume it's due to missing values. But the SSDT works painlessly.

For an SSD running at 1x PCIe, macOS boots up in incredible speed, and i still have everything under debug variants.

@Jake Lo, i cannot thank you enough sir. Hats off.

@Jake Lo

I've finished packaging my post-install OC, and made sure i cross checked it with my debug and most importantly your package. So i just wanted to ask a few things out, just in case if i may be hindering performance.

1. Should i OPT for my own generated SSDT's (SSDT Time). I'm asking especially due to SSDT-HPET, as during the generation, it also created additional Acpi Patch entries to be added. Should i add them?

2. Before gathering the files, i had the AAPL,ig-platform-id ready with the value 00001619. Yours has 00001B19, any differences? 

3. Also, i've noticed this in your config.plist, although HASHED in front which probably means disabled, but are they of any importance?

NVRAM > ADD > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82

#booter-fileset-basesystem

#booter-fileset-kernel

4. Are there any benefits choosing MacBookPro13,2 (with NoTouchID of course) over 13,1?

5. I have an incoming Display replacement, mainly switching from 1366x768 to 1080p. The screen and connectors are compatible. Would this upgrade require any changes?

6. Is alcid=1 neecded on the boot arguments, or is that not necessary with the Device Properties values?

Thanks a lot for your time and patience, really appreciate it.

• Moderators

1) SSDT-HPET is required for Audio, it's basically the same for across the board. The extra patches I have experienced to not make a difference added or not. You can experiment adding them

2) I can't remember why I opt for 00001B19, try 00001619. If you lose external video connection switching then that might be why. Also check to see if you get more CPU States switching. Currently for me with 00001B19, I have 30. You can check by launching IORegistryExplorer, under CPU0/AppleACPICPU/x86PlatformPlugin

3) Yes, the 2 values are commented out so they're disabled. They were needed earlier on when testing BS. Latest OC has fixed that, you can delete them

4) You can try MBP13,2 and of course need add NoTouchID to the configuration. Again see #2  if it make a better option

5) No changes needed when switching higher resolution display. Only thing I could think of is if it's a touchscreen, then you'll need to additional kexts (ie VoodooI2C + satellite)

6) When checking the Config file with OC Sanity Checker, it recommends it but I don't see it's needed for audio to work with it already declared in Device Properties... and it's alcid=11, not 1.

Post your results when you make those changes. Maybe it'll be better than what I'm using. 

• Like 1

25 CPU States with MacBookPro13,2 and 00001619 platform.

There's a bit of sluggish responsiveness, i will try a combination of the changes to see if it makes a difference. Still got a lot of polishing to do, but i'll have to see for what i settle for first.

EDIT: Oh well, @Jake Lo seems like you didn't leave anything to be done for the post install, haha. Apart from the USBMap, LFM and further iGPU connections, i really didn't see anything that wasn't done, and i have the feeling i don't need any of them. I'll report back as soon as i switch between the ig platform and 13,1.

EDIT2: Sluggishness is the result of MacBookPro13,2, no matter the ig platform.

Where as 13,1 works a lot better, a lot more responsive. Also here ig platform does not make a difference. 

On all occasions, the cpu states was 25. That could be due to the i5-6200u.