E7470 Big Sur Beta Installation

dave.stl

Just a final report, again taking in to consideration with the device differences.

Bluetooth works, but randomly. If a restart comes from Windows to macOS, it seems to have problems finding devices, a restart from macOS to macOS fixes it. Keeping in mind that i still have the stock Intel 8260 WiFi, however i'm not sure if it shares a BT with it too, vague memory right now. I can live with it as i barely use BT.

I'm also trying to calculate the best Scan Policy for removing Windows from the OC boot entry, and am ashamed i've lost all my HEX abilities outside of MAC Addresses.

And two issues which i think are NVRAM related, which probably have an easy fix until i learn a bit more about it.

NVRAM clearings to test the best EFI, resulted in slow Restarts/Shutdowns/Sleep in Windows, which macOS does a lot faster haha.

OC seems to hijack the UEFI priority list and put itself as the first UEFI boot entry, many times rendering the Windows Boot Manager incorrect, frankly the UEFI will always see the NVMe device.

Also, impressively, battery drain is a lot less compared to Windows.

It's been a really nice learning curve, and OpenCore is really wonderful to work with.

Thank you Jake Lo, the board and OP for initiating this thread.

I've stumbled on something bizarre.

I changed BootProtect to None in order to keep my Windows on the top of the list, and also tried playing with ScanPolicy to remove the Windows entry from the OC entries.

First one worked well, than second one for some reason gave me an immense amount of verbose logs about having problems with "alloc_space_for_write_with_hint:15409" and "nx_corruption_detected_int:55".

Reverting to ScanPolicy weirdly didn't do anything, but now the boot sequence of the OS itself changed dramatically.
Booting from OC to Login Screen takes virtually 2 seconds. Nothing is verbose. After i type the password in, it switches to a verbose output similar as it was before booting to the login screen before, giving me the two errors from below at an immense speed.

I thought i'd give NVRAM a clear, now for odd reasons, Windows remains at 100% CPU with a lot of BSODs.

PS, sorry for the continuous posts, just trying to feed back possible bugs too.

EDIT: I've reverted the ScanPolicy through Windows with Notepad++, would that cause anything stupid?

Backup Thumb drive has the same issues. Recovery boot works.

I did login in the iCloud when i installed 11.0.1 after the setup, but i managed to boot in to the system at least 2-3 times after that, i hardly believe that could've caused this.

Why it boots so quick to the Login Menu and goes to the verbose boot after is something very new. But i am pretty sure it wasnt like that when the update completed.

-v was there, never took it off. I booted the installer, and noticed that the drive was encrypted. I couldn't even wipe it. I ended up booting to Windows to wipe the drive, and am now sitting on a fresh 11.0.1. And i left the BootProtect and ScanPolicy to the new changes.

If it wasnt the iCloud login, than im not sure what could have done this.