BCM943224PCIEBT2 On Optiplex 3070 Catalina 10.15.6

ace3

Hello,

currently i have an issue with this Wifi+Bluetooth hardware.

I use a BCM943224PCIEBT2 in a Key A/E M.2 adapter board.

I am using OpenCore.

Without loading any kext, Wifi is not working, bluetooth is detected, but cannot pairing with my mouse.

for the Wifi, i can fix it with adding the AirportBrcmFixup.kext , and update the config.plist.

but for the Bluetooth, it's enable, it's written discoverable, but i cannot pair with my mouse.

I already try the combination with BrcmPatchRam from https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM

-BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext

-BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext

-BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext , BrcmPatchRAM3.kext

I can search the Bluetooth on IORegistrtyExplorer

Still no luck 

Any help/idea is really appreciated.

thanks

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 22.00.52.png

• Administrators

As stated in our wireless cards inventories, BCM43224 (14e4:4353) cards such as your BCM943224PCIEBT2 are subject to whitelisting; so you either patch the associated kext to replace a supporting Mac model by that of your elected SMBIOS model you use or you change your SMBIOS by that of a model supported by the whitelist. Please consult the pinned dedicated patching guide on this matter which is available in this very Wireless & Bluetooth forum section.

Re: Bluetooth, same story as for the Wireless,; it's an Apple card so no add-on kext required, it should be natively supported.

Hi Hervé,

As you suggested, i try to patch AIRPORTBRCM4360 , and now the wifi is working without any add-on kext.

But the Bluetooth is still having an issue, Bluetooth is detected in System Information, but cannot connect / discovered.

Is Bluetooth patching is required too ?

thanks.

• Administrators

No, Bluetooth chipset BRCM20702 is supported OOB. Do you have any other built-in BT device in that computer? If so, disable Bluetooth in BIOS. Your screenshot does not show any transport controller kext loaded so there's clearly something wrong with the module or, maybe, your OC configuration (can't help you with that)... Did you connect your module to an internal USB port? That's obviously required.

Here's what you would normally expect to see in IOReg:

BT#1.jpg

BT#2.jpg

I've checked Catalina 10.15.6's BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport kext and it does cover your device (0x821f, i.e. 33311 in decimal) so all is Ok on that side.

Could you please post a zipped copy of a saved output?

The issue i have is, bluetooth is available, but i cannot pair the my mouse/ anything, and my hackintosh is not discoverable by my phone.

maybe i will use this card for wifi only, and use cheap bluetooth dongle to pair with my logitech mouse.

But will Apple Magic Trackpad 2 will be able to pair on non Apple Bluetooth ?