E5450: a few issues to fix...

Not-A-Robot12

First issue is the double caps-lock issue. I have to press caps-lock twice to enable it or disable it. For example, I'll press caps lock every time I type the letter R.

rrRR

You see? Anyway, the last issue is bluetooth. Bluetooth shows up but doesn't detect any devices. I've already tried that one IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext but it doesn't work. I'm not using IntelBluetoothInjector.kext though, maybe I should try that. No idea on my Wi-Fi card but it's the one in the Dell Latitude E5450.

Edit: It's the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

1) It's a know issue for ApplePS2Controller since Yosemite I think. You can try replacing it with VoodooPS2Controller by acidanthera or Alps touchpad kexts by 1Revenger1. 

2) Intel devices are still in development stage, you'll have to check their site for support but it would be wise to add the injector with the firmware.

@Jake Lo That fixed it. Another issue is that HDMI messes the entire system up. I plug it in, the screen goes black but the backlight stays on. The monitor detects I've plugged it in but says no signal. Have tried multiple HDMIs and monitors. It seems to crash the system too because caps lock's light doesn't light up when I press it.

• Moderators

Enable HDMI. See here for example even though it's for HD4400/4600, the idea is the same

Post Config file and IOReg if you need help

Also add your system's specs to your signature file. Hard to go back and forth determining what hardware you have.

It just makes it easier for anyone to assist instead of guessing when stumbling on this thread.