Latitude E7470: problems installing Catalina 10.15.6

Rohit

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Rohit said:

[...]

2. Wifi - I am using Intel Dual AC 8260. I found many fixes on YouTube. Do you know any reliable fix for that? I am using a third party app to use WiFi, it would be great if it runs natively.

3. Performance - Geekbench gave me 656 on single core and 1560 on multi core. I have a 24GB Ram and I guess the CPU is not used at its max capacity. And my Graphics Memory on windows was 12GB, here it shows it as 1.5GB.

[...]

2) Support for Intel cards is fairly new and remains pretty basic. Afaik, there is no native support to date. My advise is that you replace that card with a fully compatible and fully supported Broadcom card.

3) Sounds like you've not setup CPU power management properly, I suggest you consult Jake's own E7470 guide to properly setup your laptop. I very much doubt Windows would allocate 12GB (!!!) of RAM for video/graphics. 1536MB is what you ought to expect under macOS, that's the default VRAM allocation on any MacBook since Haswell generation. The property injection Jake gave you increases this to 2GB. macOS will never use more than that with an iGPU, it's not designed so.