D630 boots from USB, not from HDD

smp

My D630 (Intel 1440x900) installation went mostly okay.

I had to use a different DSDT.aml than the default from myHack 3.1, and I had to edit the org.chameleon.boot.plist to 1440x900x32 to get the resolution right. And there's still no audio, but that's a minor issue right now.

I can boot successfully from the MyHack Install Disk as long as I select the local HDD. I'm logged in, the keyboard, trackpad, wifi, bluetooth, etc. all work great. In fact, I'm posting from that boot right now.

I installed Chameleon, but I did not install EDP 2.2 - it seems like it causes everything to break.

If I try to boot from the HDD it hangs, sometimes during fsck, sometimes shortly after. There is no kernel panic though.

I'm not sure what's going on. Any advice?

If I could boot without the MyHack Install Disk, I think that would be good enough for now, but if I copy the .kexts from /extra/ to my HDD's /extra/ that's not really doing the trick. What am I missing?

Hi smp,

Try to install EDP and run myfix full mode. You also need to recopy the dsdt.aml that worked for you previously. That should solve the problems.

Cheers!

I followed your advice, a new install followed by EDP (I also tried again running myfix full before EDP). It seems that no matter what I try, installing EDP 2.2 causes a kernel panic 3 seconds after the installation completed, referencing VoodooHDA. Tried to reboot, kernel panic during boot referenced IntelCPUMonitor, and dependency FakeSMC. So it no longer boots from USB when selecting the HDD partition.

Whenever I try to install EDP 2.2 the result is pretty much the same. And I have selected various options, default Apple PS2, Voodoo PS2, Slice PS2, Speedstep emulator and not, Null power management and not, Sleep enabler and not.

Any ideas?

• Administrators

Dear smp,

Try this on your installed system (not necessary to do a clean install). Download the Extra bootpack for your D630 intel and use myhack to install the Extra to your os x system. After that, reinstall chameleon from myhack. Reboot with mach_kernel arch=i386 -v -f.

If you get in, again reinstall EDP, run myfix and reboot.

By the way, what your leopard or lion version? Are you on 10.7.4?

Cheers!

My D630 (Intel 1440x900) installation went mostly okay.

I had to use a different DSDT.aml than the default from myHack 3.1, and I had to edit the org.chameleon.boot.plist to 1440x900x32 to get the resolution right. And there's still no audio, but that's a minor issue right now.

I can boot successfully from the MyHack Install Disk as long as I select the local HDD. I'm logged in, the keyboard, trackpad, wifi, bluetooth, etc. all work great. In fact, I'm posting from that boot right now.

I installed Chameleon, but I did not install EDP 2.2 - it seems like it causes everything to break.

If I try to boot from the HDD it hangs, sometimes during fsck, sometimes shortly after. There is no kernel panic though.

I'm not sure what's going on. Any advice?

If I could boot without the MyHack Install Disk, I think that would be good enough for now, but if I copy the .kexts from /extra/ to my HDD's /extra/ that's not really doing the trick. What am I missing?

I'm having kennel panic on my D630 doing this, which DSDT.aml did you use? thanks.

Thanks for the suggestion! I didn't realize I could work from a prior install.

I booted with myHack, same install as before, and from the myHack utility installed the d630 extra with Simeonoff's DSDT and the tweaked boot.plist, then installed Chameleon and restarted.

I got the same kernel panic:

Backtrace cpu1 frame return address 4 potential args on stack

kernel extensions in backtrace

org.mozodojo.intelcpumonitor(1.0)

dependency: org.metkas.fakesmc(1111)

What are your thoughts?