Tyring to Install LION nVidia D830...can't even start!! HELP!!!

jerseydan31

Hello Everyone,

it's been a few months since I've surfed these wonderful forums and now it's install time again! J

ust wanted to reach out to all the experts and admins to get over a few install humps (well...can even get started) on a D830 with nVidia graphics.

Looks like a few changes have surfaced on both this site and the myHack application. Here are a few questions:

- I no longer see a boot pack for a D830 (Intel or nVidia).....am I supposed to use another one?...or the generic one that comes with myHack 3.0? I only see boot packs for D820s (unless I go to an old page which is no longer listed on your new site...but still on your old site: http://www.osxlatitude.com/supported-models/)...I'm lost here!

- myHack 3 is much different from 2.0. It no longer asks for an /Extra (bootpack) to be supplied.....whatever boot pack I supply it, I'm not even able to boot (various kernel panics at boot time). I see it's an optional feature (and I've tried the D830 nVidia bootpack...but again nothing!!!)

- assuming I get this started, do I still use EDP2.2?

I'm lost! Where do I even start?

EDIT: I'm trying it out with a D820 nvidia bootpack to see if that makes a difference or not.

2nd EDIT: Used D820 bootback and I'm stuck at [ PCI Configuration Begin ]

THX again for your time.

• Administrators

you can try the generic myhack 3.1 extra with the flags npci=0x2000 cpus=1 if you use the new chameleon in 3.1 i believe it detects pciroot if not also add pciroot=1.... EDP and myhack will be integrated shortly...

you can try the generic myhack 3.1 extra with the flags npci=0x2000 cpus=1 if you use the new chameleon in 3.1 i believe it detects pciroot if not also add pciroot=1.... EDP and myhack will be integrated shortly...

Hello Bronxteck,

is that in the boot flags....correct? Instead of just -v.....correct?

• Administrators

Dear Jerseydan,

After you installed the bootpack, run myfix in full more from the usb installer that was created with myhack 3.1 and boot with mach_kernel arch=i386 -v -f. Try this.

Cheers!

Syonagar,

which bootpack? The Generic one (that comes with myHack 3.1) or the D830 for nVidia? Also, doesn't myHack run myfix automatically once you add your own '/Extra' package?

I'll try this over the weekend just to see if it will work or not (with the boot options that you've specified).

Bronxtech,

I did make sure it had the correct wireless card and it does (Broadcom 4311). I did take the Intel one out and added the correct card.

I'll let you guy know how it goes! THX again (both) for your help on this one!

JD31

Dear Jerseydan,

After you installed the bootpack, run myfix in full more from the usb installer that was created with myhack 3.1 and boot with mach_kernel arch=i386 -v -f. Try this.

Cheers!

• Administrators

Dear Jerseydan,

The bootpack for your model from 'Installation / Bootpacks' menu above.

Yes. myfix run after installing Extra but its not full mode. You need to re-run myfix and select full mode.

Cheers!

Dear Jerseydan,

The bootpack for your model from 'Installation / Bootpacks' menu above.

Yes. myfix run after installing Extra but its not full mode. You need to re-run myfix and select full mode.

Cheers!

Hello Syonagar,

it looks the D830s (nVidia or Intel) are no longer listed in the supported bootpacks. Can you please confirm (or post a link to the right bootpack)?

THX!

JD31

Hello Syonagar,

it looks the D830s (nVidia or Intel) are no longer listed in the supported bootpacks. Can you please confirm (or post a link to the right bootpack)?

THX!

JD31

OK Looking good so far....the install GUI has started and it's installing!! YEAH!!

This is what I did (used myHack 3.1):

- installed D830 nVidia boot pack (even though it's not listed in this new site as I've noted in my initial post...it's listed in another page)

- ran myFix (used FULL MODE, not quick mode) onto the USB install key

- booted with boot options "mach_kernel arch=i386 -v -f"

...fingers crossed......all is looking good so far. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

THX again gentlemen!!

JD31