Dell M4800 Need Help

Zia-Ur-Rehman

I know @King of Cat 👑 has put this issue to the end but want to ask one thing I have Dell M4800 with i7 4th Gen and Quadro K1100M eDP (Not lucky:sad:) the bios resets the Switchable Graphics Option. I have been using it with removing the MXM gpu from the laptop so the internal display was driven with intel hd4600 and the external display ports were not working. But now I want to use the GPU in windows so can i disable the GPU with DSDT Patching in macOS without any black screen issue, is it possible?

Try this EFI, you are going to want to disable Optimus or remove the ssdt-3.aml in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ANa_PxqEGR97jjJVIOD_yq_ZZ-ymk3EP/view

It was to big to upload onto the OSXLatitude server but I did it in Google drive

What OS X/macOS are you using on your m4800? For the best compatibility, I have Catalina working right now. My NVIDIA card, Quadro K3000M, works in Catalina but your NVIDIA card might vary

Also, the switchable doesn't keep disabling it for me as I have the bigger 17 inch IvyBridge version, M6700. Maybe I do have the EDP screen but also it could just luck.That EFI took a lot of tweaking as it's based off my specs but I can maybe build you an EFI for your rig. 

I don't know if mine is or not

I might have to boot with a live version of linux but I don't know the terminal command in order to find out about my display connection. My guess that I have the LVDS connection as I have graphics acceleration on both NVIDIA and Intel graphics