[SOLVED] E7270 trackpad not working under opencore

scram69

I am planning on installing 10.15 on a E7270, and I would like to use opencore.  I have been reading through both the documentation as well as Dortania's excellent and very detailed guide.  Nothing against Clover, but the amount of documentation available for opencore likely means that I will have a much better chance of troubleshooting when things inevitably don't work.

I have prepared the open core /EFI/ folder using the one Jake Lo uploaded to this post.    Booting the installer USB with this EFI/ gets me to the Catalina installer, but the trackpad does not work.  Note - booting the same USB with the Clover /EFI/ from Jake's guide (using ApplePS2Controller) does result in a working trackpad.

So, I swapped the VoodooPS2 kexts for the ApplePS2Controller.kext under opencore (including editing config.plist), but still no trackpad.

I also tried the VoodooPS2Controller configuration from the E7270 opencore EFI in this post (slightly different from Jake's above), but no luck.

Does anyone who has had success with the E7270 trackpad under opencore have any advice?  i.e. is there a specific version of VoodooPS2Controller.kext or the trackpad plugin I should look for?

Dortania's guide specifies that VoodooInput.kext must precede VoodooPS2Controller.kext in the config.plist.  But is that true in all cases?

• Moderators

After you make any changes to EFI, you need to select 'Reset NVRam' at the OC Picker. 

If you don't see it during boot, press the spacebar.

For me acidanthera's VoodooPS2 does not work nor does Rehabman's. Stick with ApplePS2Controller.

Hi Jake,

Thanks very much for the advice.  I was able to get ApplePS2Contoller.kext to respond to the trackpad in the installer.  However, I needed to add an entry in config.plist for the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext in the Plugins folder it addition to the ones for the keyboard and mouse plugins before it would work.

Also, I found that if I set Misc>BootProperties>HideAuxilliary to True, I could see the Reset NVRAM option in the OC picker.

Right - once I have everything working smoothly I will probably just set "Hide" to True again.

Remind me - are the brightness keys (Fn F11/F12) on the E7270 supposed to work with SSDT-BRT6.aml and the BRTX,2, ACPI patch?  I've found that Fn-S and Fn-B work, but not F11/F12.