Dell E6530 Catalina Video Only on HDMI port

arcaman6

Hi. Been installing Catalina on a Dell Latitude E6530 using the excellent guide 

but have run into some issues. 

The install USB stick will display the apple logo and timer line on the laptop LVDS LCD screen until it gets about 2/3 across (looks like when it loads the display drivers) and then LCD screen goes black - although found that if you plug in a HDMI screen it boots to the end using the external screen. I went ahead and installed Catalina which went very smoothly but even when booting from main HDD LCD display will go blank during boot up but boot up completes on the HDMI screen. Able to use Catalina normally on the external screen. Trying without HDMI screen results blank display but Catalina seems to complete booting OK but you can't see anything.

Second issue is to do with sleep. If I put Catalina to sleep (power LED is breathing as expected) and hit the power button for wakeup the laptop boots from scratch running Clover boot and loading Catalina from scratch.

Laptop boots High Sierra without any issues. It has 8GB RAM and i5 processor, currently mechanical HDD (will be replaced with SSD) and external monitor is 1440x900. No Nvidia GPU.

I've attached the debug folder so I think it has all the information you might need. Guide written for E6230 so may have some differences with E6530.

debug_19667.zip