Urgent help to install Mac OsX Snow Leopard on Latitue D630

ufuk

Hello friends,

This is Ufuk from Turkey.I'm new here,

I have problem to install Mac Osx to my Latitude D630. I checked Wiki and forum. And i followed tonycrapx86. But there is a problem. I cant install. I'm working on it for 1 week.

I checked forum & Wiki. They are just ways to install via Usb Drives. but I cant find any Mac installed laptop to create Usb installation pen. Is there any way to install via Dvd drives ? Or Can i create Usb installation pen on " Windows 7" ? if yes, how can i do it?

now i have ;

- iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) Boot CD for Retail DVD - 10.6.x only.

- Mac Osx Snow Leopard Retail Dvd

- Other boot packages according to tonycrapx86.com

Is there anyone who can guide me to install this OsX to My Dell d630 ?

Thanks in advance,

Ufuk

• Administrators

Hi ufuk,

You can try to make a chameleon boot usb from Windows. I googled quickly and found one example site on this: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,2143.0.html. Haven't tried it myself but just wanted to give you an idea. Your need to copy the Extra bootpack to the usb. Once the boot usb is working, you can use it to boot the os x sl install dvd. Try it out and let us know how it went.

Cheers!

• Administrators

Dear ufuk,

If you already have a chameleon boot cd, try to boot chameleon with "mach_kernel arch=i386 -v -f" and see if it will enter installer. Otherwise, let me know where it gets stuck.

If it gets stuck, you will probably need our Extra bootpack for your D630 (i.e. dsdt.aml and basic kexts) from our website. However, it needs to be copied to the boot cd with may not be possible because its read-only unless you are able to modify its image before you burn. That why you'll need to create a boot usb so that you can copy the Extra bootpack files into it.

Cheers!

• Administrators

Hi Ufuk,

I've just succeeded installation on my D630. Can you give us your laptop's specifications, namely graphics model (intel v nVidia) and LCD resolution (1280x800 v 1440x900)? As I've found out these last few days, there are some subtleties between models...

Hi Ufuk,

I've just succeeded installation on my D630. Can you give us your laptop's specifications, namely graphics model (intel v nVidia) and LCD resolution (1280x800 v 1440x900)? As I've found out these last few days, there are some subtleties between models...

if possible, can you help me out?

I have a D630 with intel graphic 1280 X 800

I can't seems to get the dang thing to get into the setup, screen/mouse freeze up right before setup is about to start.

Dear clockwork,

How did you prepared your usb installer?

Cheers!

I've used myhack 2.1 and 3.1 both of them seems to fail at about the same point. I'm in the process of getting a Lion disk and see if I just have a faulty image of SL... i'll let you guys know by tomorrow :).

Guys,

unfortunately i couldnt succeed installation D630. But i found other way ;

I have a desktop pc with Amd processor. So i thought that it will be easy if i have a Mac Os around me.

so i found out how to install mac osx to Amd based pc. I installed it aftwer 3-5 hours of working. Finally i succesfully installed.

After i followed instructions on Wiki to create a Usb installation Drive to install Mac Osx. And it worked. Everythings ok.

Thanks for helping.

Ufuk