Kernal Panic-Dual Boot Setup

camley88

OK so I'm a dumbass and was typing unmount instead of umount! New to this Mac thing so whatever.

Anyway, got Windows 7 installed on a new partition and now trying to boot to my OSX partition. I installed the OSX boot pen and it comes up but when I select my OSX drive, I get a kernal panic:

Version mis-match between Kernel and CPU PM

Mac OS Version:

Not yet Set

Kernal version:

Darwin Kernel Version 10.6.0

System model name: Macbookpro5,1

I have update to 10.6.6 and installed EDP latest version 5 I think.

Any suggestions?

thanks

• Administrators

Do this...

1. Boot into single mode by typing:

-s -v [enter]

In chameleon

Mount your harddisk (i says on the screen howto do that)

Then remove your /Extra folder by typing:

rm -R /Extra

Reboot the computer and boot of a clean leppy pen (the one of the wiki)

once you are in osx, install bootloader (665) and a EDP 1.5 rc6 from the forum...

Do this...

1. Boot into single mode by typing:

-s -v [enter]

In chameleon

Mount your harddisk (i says on the screen howto do that)

Then remove your /Extra folder by typing:

rm -R /Extra

Reboot the computer and boot of a clean leppy pen (the one of the wiki)

once you are in osx, install bootloader (665) and a EDP 1.5 rc6 from the forum...

Alright, here is what I get:

1. I insert my Install Stick which is an image about 2 months old from the OSX Latitude site that I downloaded (This was also used originally to install OS X)

2. I hit F12 and boot to USB stick.

3. The green Chameleon comes up with text at the top left - Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132 - Chameleon v2.0-RC3 r658 Build date 2009-09-06 comes up

4. My options are: Mac OS X Install USB Stick or GatorMac (the name of my install)

5. If I cursor over GatorMac and enter -s -v [Enter], it goes for about 5 sec and then stops after: Kernel version: Darwin Kernel Version 10.6.0 blah blah blah; System uptime in nanoseconds: 511969814 and then does nothing!

6. If I leave the cursor over Mac OS X Install USB Stick and enter -s -v [Enter] it goes a little longer but stops at the same point as number 5 above EXCEPT it now says Darwin Kernel Version 10.0.0 blah blah System uptime=21115620666

Either way the system stops at this point