Latitude 5490: Catalina fine tuning help needed

Hitchi

Hello everybody,

have successfully installed Catalina on a VMware (Player)... everything works well. Update to Big Sur ... everything is running fine, either. I thought to myself "Hey, you still have a Dell 5490...

Target system: Dell Latitude 5490
- Intel Dual-Band Wireless-AC 8265 Wi-Fi + BT 4.2 Wireless Driver
- Intel Core i5-8350U processor
- 8GB RAM
- 14" FHD non touch display

Have read and tried out various instructions (I'm a beginner but with IT knowledge).

Long speech, short sense:

I "stole" several EFI folders from different models (I didn't find 5490 matching) and tried to build something out of them.

My issues:

- Touchpad does work but no click (also left and right mouse button) does not work... ext. mouse works ...EDIT: FIXED! Just a simple configuration within trackpad options 🤦‍♂️
- WLAN does not work at all (Intel AC8265)... any way to get it running?

- BT active but does not find devices so broken

As I said, I've tried several EFI folders matching the CPU or similar Latitude model. End of the story was a no longer bootable macOS. So I've started all over again and before I write the EFI with issues mentioned above on the SSD I wan to solve them beforehand. W

EDIT: Uploaded my EFI as a precaution.

EFI_Hitchi.zip

• Moderators

Just download the Intel kext and add to kexts/Other

You'll need an app call Heliport.app to configure the settings. The native won't work.

For Hervé file, just leave out the DSDT.aml, as it's specific to his system and BIOS version / Configuration.

The only patch in that DSDT is to enable Fn+F11 and Fn+F12 for brightness. Without it, you'll you can still control with Fn+S and Fn+B.

every time I change something I use -v ...there are many retries of loading something... have to lookup something like a boot.log(?)

OK repairing permissions and rebuild cache I've not tried. Done by terminal? I slightly remember some setting within one of the hackintosh tools or