E6420 reboots at installing, but doesn't continue

miroo

First of all, sorry for my poor English conversation skills.

E6420 Specs:

• i5-2520M CPU
  • HD3000 graphics
  • 1600x900 HiRes LCD

I'm installing macOS High Sierra for the first time with this forum's install guides.

It runs normally with no kernel panic or error, but when progress bar reaches about 75%, it reboots but doesn't continue installing (it acts like "I can't remember that we had copied about 75% High Sierra in this computer. Seriously?").

I made bootable drive with High Sierra in VM, ADATA USB, bootpacks from this forum, without any edits. Just followed High Sierra Clover Guide and installed to formatted SSD and memory with working properly.

Is there any log files which I should attach so that you could know about my problem?

• Administrators

Which guide are you following?

Please specify the Clover version you're using and post a copy of the Clover EFI folder you use.

High Sierra installs in several steps and reboots. At each intermediary reboot, you should see an offer to boot "install macOS from <target partition>". If you don't see that, press F3 and select it. Once installation has completed, this temp partition will disappear and you'll be left with only your finalised High Sierra partition to boot. I'm leaving the Preboot/Recover/VM partitions aside here of course, ignore them.

4 hours ago, Jake Lo said:

Reboot with the USB Installer and select the semi finish drive. It might reboot a few times before finishing.

"select the semi finish drive"? I don't know what that means...(There's no bootable drive except USB) It reboots, but it displays Language Preferences from the beginning. And choose Language, there's a menu with 4 selections which I've clicked Install macOS 5 minutes before(Attachment), Not continuing installation. If I choose Install macOS in this situation, it formats SSD and copy files from the first.

KakaoTalk_20200926_073325487.jpg

4 hours ago, Hervé said:

Which guide are you following?

Please specify the Clover version you're using and post a copy of the Clover EFI folder you use.

High Sierra installs in several steps and reboots. At each intermediary reboot, you should see an offer to boot "install macOS from <target partition>". If you don't see that, press F3 and select it. Once installation has completed, this temp partition will disappear and you'll be left with only your finalised High Sierra partition to boot. I'm leaving the Preboot/Recover/VM partitions aside here of course, ignore them.

I used this guide :

I'm using Clover (Builder?) v5.0_r5122, EFI Folder is in the attachment.

And it doesn't show "Install macOS from <target>" even F3 pressed, I don't know why.

"Once installation has completed, this temp partition will disappear and you'll be left with only your finalised High Sierra partition to boot."

So it haven't finished because there's a temp partition which isn't bootable.

+) Oh, I found this case in other community. Hmm... the problem in that case is APFS, I'll try HFS+ install and get back right away.

E.FI.zip