D820 wireless not working after update from 10.7.2 to 10.7.4

hfs3

My rebranded broadcomm wireless card worked up until 10.7.2, but after updating to 10.7.4 it's a no go. This was a clean install on my test HD, and while the system profiler sees the ariport, in system preferences/Network it can't be turned on. Deleting the Wi-fi and rebooting didn't work... Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

I have replaced the AppleACPIPlatform.kext to get 10.7.4 to boot up, but no matter what I try the wireless can't be turned on. Perhaps I need to reinstall and be sure to turn the wireless off?

Download the latest EDP 3 from the EDP forum and try it on your new 10.7.4 system.

Cheers!

Syonagar,

Figuring something was corrupted in my install, I started over from 10.7 on my test drive. Updated to 10.7.4 and replaced the AppleACPIPlatform.kext, then ran myFix. System is booting on EDP 2.2; all is working, including wireless.

Regarding EDP 3.0, I encountered the same issue as others with the install script, so had to manually install it - which was successful. I noticed the directory structure is different from previous versions of EDP; now edptool is located in Extra/trunk/. The problem is that when I execute edptool it exits when I try to set up model specific kexts, saying that myHack cannot be found on my system - despite the fact that myHack is installed, as are myHack utilities.

Any thoughts?

Thanks! :)

Syonagar,

Figuring something was corrupted in my install, I started over from 10.7 on my test drive. Updated to 10.7.4 and replaced the AppleACPIPlatform.kext, then ran myFix. System is booting on EDP 2.2; all is working, including wireless.

Regarding EDP 3.0, I encountered the same issue as others with the install script, so had to manually install it - which was successful. I noticed the directory structure is different from previous versions of EDP; now edptool is located in Extra/trunk/.

The main problem I am now having is that when I execute edptool, it exits when I try to set up model specific kexts. The message says that myHack cannot be found on my system - despite the fact that myHack is installed, as are myHack utilities.

Any thoughts?

Thanks! :)