E6540 Catalina Problems

charleslouboutin

Hello everybody,
First of all I wanna say that I'm totally new at this. I have a laptop, it's a Dell Latitude E6540, i7-4810MQ with Intel HD4600 (also has a Radeon card I believe it's AMD Radeon HD 8790, but from what I understood there is no way to get it working in OSX), 8GB ram, 256GB SSD. I managed to install Catalina using an online guide for this model, also did an update to the latest version (10.15.7). So far I believe it's working fine (by the way, is there any way to check if everything is working or the only way is to try things one by one?). The problems that I found so far are that none of my USB ports are working, WIFI isn't working (I understood that I need to replace the card to a compatible one), the battery is recognized by the laptop, it charges it and everything but the percentage drops like really fast, almost 1%/minute, also I'm not sure it shows the right percentage because like for instance if I have 50% and I do a restart it might show 40% after the restart. Also the touchpad works, it is recognized by the laptop but I think I do not have the right kext, because sometimes tap to click doesn't work for a few seconds, like double click, sometimes it selects things by itself and so on. Also the fan I believe that it's running louder than it did on windows...without having any apps open it spins pretty fast but it might be all in my head. I'm attaching my EFI folder and if anybody can help me out or have an working EFI configurantion for this laptop I would really appreciate it.
Thanks.

CLOVER.zip

Hello, thank you very much for your response. I tried out what you said, no improvements sadly. The battery percentage still isn't showing correctly, also the battery drains a lot faster than it did on Windows. Do you have any ideas?
Also I did manage to get the USB ports working, another thing that I found out isn't working is the camera. With the last kext (USBInjectALL) It showed it under USB in system report, but now I'm using one that I found on this site (USBPortsE6540) and now the camera doesn't show at all but this one however got my USB ports working. and the touchpad issue that still isn't working as it should.
Is there a way to test everything is working right?

Thanks.

Also I found out that there is a problem with Sleep. If I put the computer to sleep or it enters sleep mode by itself after moments of inactivity, everything works fine, when I press the power button / open the lid - the laptop does what it should and wakes up, the problem is that after a few seconds the system freezes, and the only way to get it working is to shut it down and power it up again. Shut down and restart work fine.
Thanks.