LENOVO YOGA S1 - High Sierra fine tuning

jones333333

On another point: could you please explain me what is the main function of the SSDT-2.aml file that you patched for me?

I tried to used it with opencore but can't see any difference after boot, do I need it when i use opencore or not? 

Also on the opencore official guide they say to not use DSDT.aml with Opencore. I tried to boot my laptop without this file in the ACPI folder but without it my device won't boot.

• Administrators

I you look into that patched SSDT, you'll see that it applies to iGPU/dGPU graphics components. It is to be compared to the raw/extracted SSDT table called SSDT-2-SaSsdt.aml. You'll see that the patched SSDT renames the HDMI audio device from BOD3 to the desired HDAU and the iGPU device from GFX0 to the desired IGPU, injecting the HDMI audio capability through a _DSM method at the same time.

Thanks a lot for your explanation Hervé, I uinderstand now that this is needed to have audio through HDMI!

Can you please inform me if this SSDT need to be load in a certain order with Opencore?

The only thing that I need to fix on this laptop is the sleep issue and it will be near perfection!

I am near a perfect installation of Catalina on this laptop!

Sleep issue seems to be fixed for now.

What needs to be fixed is Automatic Brightness control and also Brightness control via the shortcut keys.

I know Opencore is not widely used but maybe can someone help me with this...

My question is: can I use the Debug tool from the forum with an OC configuration to provide you all the necessary debugging information needed like with a Clover installation.

Thnaks in advance for your help! 

OC.zip

IOREG extract.ioreg

• Moderators

Looks like you made some changes to the DSDT I had patched.

What did you add or remove?

For one you can remove PNLF and RMNE patches since it's already been added with SSDT-PNLF and SSDT-RMNE

The PNLF you added to the DSDT is causing brightness issue.

Hey Jake Lo, first, thanks a lot for your reaction... I have to say that without your help and advises I couldn't got this result on this device.

The fact is that my OC folder originally one that I found on a German site in which I replace several files with yours given in the original post.

I thouhg that I was using your patched DSDT I willl first replaced my actual DSDT with yours!

Jake Lo I replaced the DSDT file with the one you patched for me...now Brightness control is working via the keyboard functions keys!!!

Thanks a lot for your expertise!!

Do you think Brightness automatic level is achievalble on this laptop like on my Dell XPS 12 ?

I have to say that this Lenovo Thinkpad is one of the more stable hack that I could use!! it's incredible!! Feels like a real MAC.

I updated this One from High Sierra to Mojave than Catalina without any issue. I really love OpenCore! It's crazy stable

One issue that I need to fix: when the laptop wake from sleep my keyboard isn’t responding anymore and seems hanging on a key... like my password login field is getting automatically filled to infinity... (it’s like I am pressing the “a” key non stop) and I can’t do anything but hard rebooting the device.

i don’t seems to encountering this issue it’s the other DSDT, but as this one isn’t originally coming from my own device, I definitely prefer use the one you patched for me.

any idea what can causing this?

• Moderators

so using the OC files you uploaded but only changing the DSDT with mine will cause this issue?

But with the other DSDT, you don't have brightness control?

Let me compare them, see if it need extra patching or remove some....