bratswiseguy

Good day.

My system is as follows:

• Dell Inspiron 5548
  • Intel i5 CPU
  • Intel HD Graphics 5500
  • 8 GB Ram
  • 1 TB hard drive

I read the link below to help me install Catalina 10.15.7 in the aforementioned system. But every time that I tried to boot to the usb installer, there is always an error. I already tried uploading all the kexts in the boot pack. I am using Clover 5107 to make the USB bootable and have followed all the instructions from the link. I would really appreciate any help that I could get. Thank you. 

• Administrators

What kind of error are you talking about?

Are you running off the last BIOS for your laptop? Is disk mode set to AHCI rather than RAID?

Please post zipped/compressed copy of the Clover pack you're using.

• Administrators

Avoid Clover r5120, r5124 or r5125 for the time being. You may use versions such as r5119 or r5122 safely.

The bootpack you used is obviously totally outdated for Catalina and needs to be entirely revisited. I'll try and post one asap. Meantime, what you could do is dump your BIOS ACPI tables by pressing F4 when you get to the Clover main screen as you try and boot macOS. Those tables will go to the CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder. Zip it and post a copy. Ideally, update your BIOS to the latest version beforehand.

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, same problem still exists. I followed everything from the link you sent. Attached is a screenshot of my BIOS setting.

IMG_4370.jpg

As you requested, I also attached a copy of the BIOS ACPI tables. I am also currently using the latest BIOS version from my notebook. 

DSDT.zip

• Moderators

No error when compiling your vanilla DSDT from the origin folder. Only patch that I applied are Battery patch, _dsm to XDSM, wake fix and shutdown fix. The rest are handle by the SSDT hot patches and from Clover Config quirks.