Intel AC7260: can't get wireless card to work with itlwm/HeliPort

dvrko

My XPS 12 9Q33 laptop has an intel wifi card which should work with itlwm kext and it actually did for a day!! but then something weird happened. My pc went in sleep mode and after that I cannot get my wifi to work anymore, Ive opened an issue on their GitHub posting multiple logs and I got told the issue is not with their code but with my EFI since if I boot into other OSs my wifi works. can you PLEASE Jake lo help me I would really love it. In Hackintool it shows the wifi card in the pci slot I really don't know what the issue could be

EFI.zip

• Administrators

Moved to own topic since this is totally unrelated to the thread it was initially posted in.

A nice and obvious start would be that you state the model of Intel card you're running with... Wouldn't you agree? Then, quickly looking at your posted OpenCore EFI folder, there is no sign of that itlwm kext, so, indeed, it's unlikely you'll get working Intel wireless... I suggest you read the documentation available on OpenIntelWireless Github repo. And, of course, you're expected to use the Heliport client app too.

Sorry, I've installed itlwm with Hackintool in the library/extension folder so that it is easier for me to manage the kext as I don't have to mount and unmount the refi partition each time, I can confirm that itlwm is working as it's showing in verbose during boot and it's being detected by heliport which I am using (otherwise it would display that its not running in heliport) and as I've said I've been told by the devs that its not an itlwm issue but actually a EFI problem, I've tried moving itlwm to efi folder but that doesn't change anything my card is an intel AC 7260

• Administrators

You have to declare that kext in your OC configuration, like the rest of your add-on kexts. I did not see that either.

All in all, you should read the OpenCore + Intel Wireless solution documentation with all due attention:

Then proceed as per the published recommendations. For instance:

itlwm_installation.jpg

If you deviate, as you appeared to have done, expect problems...