HP 840 G3: fine tuning Big Sur beta

septic

i checked with a normal 27' monitor with dp-dp cable and it works.

I will check again my 40' tv hdmi cable, i use it in combination with dock station and a hdmi to dp adapter and output is ok with windows. in 4k resolution.

i will recheck the cables again.

Btw, bluetooth works fine, thank you.

You may add that also add in the list of "oob" :) :

- Dock station 2013 ultraslim (my hdmi2dp adapter is a bit damaged, need to replace it soon, external screen works on 4k finally)

- HD pro webcam c920 

i am on latest Big Sur. 

One last problem i believe should be visible also to others, when I scroll the mouse wheel it goes a bit strange.

In small mouse wheel scrolls, the mouse goes in a stable slow speed, independent of the mouse scroll speed settings, and only when i do quick mouse wheel scrolls only then the speed is getting faster or slower depending on the settings in mouse system preferences. 

Is there a way to fix the mouse scrolling a bit ?

DP audio, was more or less expected, what about bluetooth microphone ?

Any idea if this is a driver or setting issue ?

My mouse is a normal poor usb wireless logitech m210 :(  

I made Jabra75 work but without bluetooth, they have a usb adaptor (that i forgot that i had in the box) so i connected that and everything is ok now :)

Hello guys,

I also have HP 840 G3

I installed Big Sur beta 11. I saw a video on youtube, the person used the same laptop. So I used his files and I did not change his files, because is same laptop.

But now I can not get Intel Wifi and Bluetooth to work.  I really do not understand the kexts files etcetera. 

Can somebody help me please? 

• Like 1

You are lucky i just did it two days ago :)

Which wifi card and bluetooth do you have ?

I have the EFI ready for Intel wifi 8260ac and intel bluetooth and it works nice on current Big Sur beta version.

I guess i can share my zip file.

You can try that at your own risk.

What i did is:

1. took original zip from the guide I mentioned in post #1
  2. removed brcmbluetoothinjector, brcmfirmwaredata and brcmpatchram3 kexts
  3. downloaded itlwm and interbluetoothfirmware and interbluetoothinjector kexts
  4. I kept my original config.plist file, i got a new one, checked youtube trainings how to use propertree.
  5. I did open propertree with the new folders, did "oc snapshot" to add the new folders in the config.plist, from this new plist i grabbed the intel lan and wifi new lines and added them in the original plist file, while in parallel removed the old <dicts> carefully with notepad++.

So i have the original file with two new <dicts> and without the 3 brcm <dicts>.

Let me find rar to split the file, there is a size limit of 20mb.