E5450: HDMI lock-up

BatteryDie2

I heard Big Sur is now released (Out of Beta). Today, I successful replaced Mojave+Clover with latest Big Sur+OpenCore on my E5450. Now, I found two issues are:

• Plugging HDMI caused locked up the system and internal screen become black.
  • SD card is not working. I forgot something on my OpenCore setup.

Spec of my E5450 is in my signature. All kexts and OC setup are already up to date. I remembered Mojave+Clover setup do not have the issues. Here is EFI pack I attached (serial number and some info are removed for privacy reason).

BatteryDie-E5450-Big-Sur-EFI.zip

E5450-Moj-Clover-EFI.zip

• Administrators

You may have missed some property injections that were present in Clover; typically, the SD card reader of those Latitude Exx50 works OOB as long as you fake the Broadcom id that's been listed in our dedicated thread on the matter. As long as you do the same in OC, no reason why it would not work.

• Administrators

Device properties indeed but not ig-platform-id per sé (that's the framebuffer id), the other properties you'd have had in your Clover config, including the binary patch for HDMI connector type. If you kept a copy, check it out with Clover configurator, if not download the Clover pack of any E5x50 or E7x50 guide. No property injection for connector #1 in your OC config...

Re: card reader, look into the Card Reader forum section. Again, no property injection for the device in your OC config...

I transferred the GFX device properties to OC config from Clover config. It booted fine but it do not resolve the HDMI issue. However, I noticed it did changed VRAM to 2GB from 1.5GB on About This Mac.

This is from my Clover config:

<key>Properties</key>
		<dict>
			<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)</key>
			<dict>
				<key>hda-gfx</key>
				<string>onboard-1</string>
				<key>layout-id</key>
				<data>
				CwAAAA==
				</data>
			</dict>
			<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
			<dict>
				<key>framebuffer-fbmem</key>
				<data>
				AACQAA==
				</data>
				<key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
				<data>
				AQAAAA==
				</data>
				<key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key>
				<data>
				AAAwAQ==
				</data>
				<key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>
				<data>
				AAAAgA==
				</data>
			</dict>
		</dict>

I put them on OC config.

<key>DeviceProperties</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Add</key>
		<dict>
			<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)</key>
			<dict>
				<key>hda-gfx</key>
				<string>onboard-1</string>
				<key>layout-id</key>
				<data>CwAAAA==</data>
			</dict>
			<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
			<dict>
				<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
				<data>AgAWFg==</data>
				<key>device-id</key>
				<data>FhYAAA==</data>
				<key>framebuffer-fbmem</key>
				<data>AACQAA==</data>
				<key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
				<data>AQAAAA==</data>
				<key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key>
				<data>AAAwAQ==</data>
				<key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>
				<data>AAAAgA==</data>
			</dict>
		</dict>

Am I doing wrong?

• Administrators

Sorry, my brain doesn't have a built-in Base64 decoder so I'm not going to waste a second on that. Post a directly English-readable version please. There are very useful things called Xcode or Clover Configurator you know... You're even allowed to post a zipped copy of your Clover config as you did for OpenCore in post #1.

This being said, the property keys you inject relate to the framebuffer general settings not the connectors (i.e. display outputs/ports) and, if you encounter HDMI-related issues, you should probably inject the usual connector type 00080000 for the relevant connector (probably #1).

Refer to WhateverGreen's manual for guidance.

• Administrators

So add the usual properties to inject HDMI type to iGPU connector #1:

framebuffer-con1-enable    1           NUMBER
framebuffer-con1-type      00080000    DATA

And add the required property for your SD card reader once you've identified its location in IOReg. Everything is in the Arbitrary tab of your Clover config Devices section/tab... Didn't you look at it or know about it? Use IORegistryExplorer app to identify the exact I/O location in replacement of the PCI debug string used in your Clover config.