E7440: Cannot add or Remove kexts without kernel panic.

7MoonsMusic

Hello again. Yesterday I was graciously provided an EFI (which I am forever grateful for, thank you!) and currently everything is working on Big Sur. However, I am unable to add or delete any kexts. when i remove or add a kext and update the config.plist with propertree's "OC Snapshot" feature (i did try clean snapshot as well) and reboot, my boot list is filled with a ton of EFIs seemingly from the EFI/OC/Tools folder, and attempting to boot immediately results in a kernel panic before anything tries to load. If I'm missing an obvious step, I'm sorry. what can I do to fix it? attached below is the last EFI that adds itlwm.kext and should have an updated config, this would not boot. Thank you in advance. 

EFI.zip

• Moderators

Replace VoodooPS2Controller with a different version

I see you have both VoodooPS2Controller by acidanthera and VoodooPS2ControllerR6 by Dr. Hurt.

You currently have Dr. Hurt's version enabled. Go ahead and disable that and enable Acidanthera's version + plugins or vise versa. Seems you have both enabled at this new file

Well it seems my trackpad works with VoodooPS2Controller but without any of its gestures and stuff, and it just doesn’t work on VoodooPS2ControllerR6. A little stumped here, as it works when I boot from my flash drive, which appears to have the same kexts. 

Edit: looked at my flash drive’s config.plist. Not a single mention of VoodooPS2Controller, only VoodooPS2ControllerR6. Reminder that both trackpad and keyboard are functioning flawlessly when booting off my flash drive. 

Hi.
Although I experienced this problem too, unfortunately the trackpad didn't work for me either, so I started to delete the kexts that I haven't used during the clover so far and watched when a change happens.
When I realized the mistake, I could only laugh at it! : D
Solution: Delete "SMCDellSensors.kext" from "config.plist / Kernel" and it will work!

• Like 1