E7470 - Hang at Select Country and Region

ahalol

Hello,

I used the latest OC bootpack from tutorial to install Big Sur. Everything went smooth until it's time for me to set up the system. The device hangs at the Select Country and Region screen. Could it be my graphic card is iris plus 540?

i tried changing AAPL,ig-platform-id, but issue persists. I searched and searched, couldn't find an answer. I had Catalina running no issue before.

Spec:

6650U

1080p

dw1820a

It ran Catalina without issue.

which patch are you referring to?

i see the config in the boot pack already have PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) to dw1820a? I didn't change anything from the bootpack except "scanpolicy"

i see you have <string>pci14e4,43a0</string>, whereas dw1820a can be: 

Pci14e4,43ba

Pci14e4,43a3

Pci14e4,43a0

do you mean changing this?

• Moderators

The error does indeed mean graphics issue. What igplatform-id did you change it to? Revert back to the original, works perfectly fine.

Only thing I could think of is that graphics kext has not been cache for hot patching yet, so you could try adding to boot arg 

-igfxvesa

This will help complete the installation. Once installed, you should be able to boot without it.

the system is already installed. the process was smooth. I am at first boot where i am suppose to set up the country and region, user name and etc. I reverted it back to your default. Yet, i have iris plus 540 and i think you had 520. Would it be possible if you use Hackintool to patch the buffer frame for iris plus 540 for me?