How to revert back to Windows

jssingh

Hey guys, thanks to this awesome site I was able to get hackintosh on my D620 about 6 or so months ago. And have thoroughly enjoyed it since then. Well surprisingly (after too much money spent), my wife has bought me a macbook pro for Fathers day. So I need to stage this D620 back to Windows for my nephew to use.

This is where the problem lies:

My Windows 7 bootable CD is not recognized even when changing the boot sequence or going into the one time boot menu. USB boot flash drive is no dice too. What can I do to format the hard drive and reinstall Windows on it?

Appreciate the help!

• Administrators

sounds like a faulty disc rom.... also make sure it's not a cd rom but a dvd rom as i think windows is a dvd not a cd as for the thumbdrive not showing make sure you have legacy boot on in bios.... it actually states it will not boot from usb if option is off.

• Administrators

HDD reformat is the best option to ensure a fresh clean install. You're garanteed to be rid of any rogue items that way. One small advise: Win7 installation program always creates a 100Mo partition of you start from a partition-free drive. It's not really needed and you can easily bypass it: simply re-partition your drive prior to Win7 fresh install and just select the existing partition at Win7 install.

I was never good at installing hackintosh, but I'm good at installing window :)

So... on theory none of your device is able to boot because it went straight to your HDD..

and someone stated above, check your disc, or your USB, is it bootable?

that's all there is to it. the USB for sure has to be bootable but creating a bootable USB is part of it, so it's probably easier to get some sort of external DVD drive and boot from there.