Mountain lion 10.8 on D630

rjjd

It's been quiet here at the moment so I'm so I am going to make some noise on OS X Mountain Lion GM. I managed to install GM on my USB stick by replacing AppleACPiPlatform.kext with 10.6.8 version (1.3.5) as mentioned in this thread & the myHack 3.1.2 version. Successfully installed GM on a new partition(yay!), run RunMyFix/Full on the installed GM drive, no KP (yay again!) but it won't go through the boot process(oh no!); it got stuck in the middle at the dreaded "PCI configuration begins". Any suggestion, GURU's, anyone?

Update: I re-install AppleACPIPlatform.kext (v1.3.5) and everything goes through the boot process. Installed iPhoto 9.3.1 from Software Update. So far so good, have to do more tests. BTW, didn't install any EDP yet!. I will update the thread as I goes out to tests running some applications: iMovie, iPhoto, Adobe products, etc. It should all work but just want to perform some testing. yay!

Hi I also installed on an D830 with help of Myhack and ML GM version an working mountain Lion version.. I used EDP2.2 with the configuration number 12 (Nvidia) and options 4.Y.Y.Y . An KP occurred ( that is normal ) EDP3 i cannot get this to work ( i am an Newbie ) After reboot I also fighting with the same issue I noticed that when you click on the spacebar at the right moment just before the screen turns black the system is booting up .. ( just an tester ) I discovered that Iphoto won't work ??? Imovie yes but just not Iphoto I don't known if this will help you..

Good luck

Hi I also installed on an D830 with help of Myhack and ML GM version an working mountain Lion version.. I used EDP2.2 with the configuration number 12 (Nvidia) and options 4.Y.Y.Y . An KP occurred ( that is normal ) EDP3 i cannot get this to work ( i am an Newbie ) After reboot I also fighting with the same issue I noticed that when you click on the spacebar at the right moment just before the screen turns black the system is booting up .. ( just an tester ) I discovered that Iphoto won't work ??? Imovie yes but just not Iphoto I don't known if this will help you..

Good luck

I did not install EDP because SleepEnabler.kext creates Kernel Panic. in my Extra folder are the Generic kext that I choose during the installation plus BCM5722D.kext, VoodooBattery.kext, VoodooHDA.kext & VoodooPState.kext and the dsdt.aml for my system D630. I installed PStateMenu application and put in my startup application.

And that's about it. Will install EDP later on finality.

It works with me by using adjusted an org.chameleon.boot.plist Iphoto works in the mean time also by updating the software until the latest version, I only have troubles with an delay while shutdown the laptop .. It takes quit sometime to shutdown the laptop or sometimes it doesn't shutdown at all ( and i have to press the power switch long enough ).. the other thing is the black screen while booting the laptop just before the login screen disappeared ( when i click at the right moment at the spacebar ??? the login screen is showed.. The rest all works fine with no KP at all :):D

Greetings..

Finally,my D630 was up-to-date with the OS X ML GM; thanks to EDP 3.x guide. I just follow it by the letter and the EDP was installed up to 358. I still think that the GM will not be the final release because I noticed that iPhoto (hanging up) was having a problem or it just might be iPhoto (9.31) version. I think they still have few bugs to fix (my opinion). I don't know, they just might release it and fix the bugs later:-)

I am having restart / shutdown issues on my nvidia D630 running 10.8 GM and EDP 410.

Used edp's recommended kexts (other than removing sleepenabler) / dsdt / smbios / boot.plist for D630 nvidia + modified io80211Family.kext for AR9285 wifi; all in /E/E. The version of Chameleon is the one that comes with myHack 3.1.2

The only time I can get restart / shutdown to work properly is immediately after running myFix Full, any other time choosing restart / shutdown will just make the screen go blank, any attempt to press the on/off button will bring the screen back to life to the login screen. The only way to shutdown is to long press the on/off button to force the issue.

I am running 10.8 on MBR partition with Win 7 dual boot, 2x2GB RAM.

I have tried changing chameleon version, re-running EDP and myFix Full, all to no avail.

I am at my wits end, any insights / inputs greatly appreciated.

:-)

I am having restart / shutdown issues on my nvidia D630 running 10.8 GM and EDP 410.

Used edp's recommended kexts (other than removing sleepenabler) / dsdt / smbios / boot.plist for D630 nvidia + modified io80211Family.kext for AR9285 wifi; all in /E/E. The version of Chameleon is the one that comes with myHack 3.1.2

The only time I can get restart / shutdown to work properly is immediately after running myFix Full, any other time choosing restart / shutdown will just make the screen go blank, any attempt to press the on/off button will bring the screen back to life to the login screen. The only way to shutdown is to long press the on/off button to force the issue.

I am running 10.8 on MBR partition with Win 7 dual boot, 2x2GB RAM.

I have tried changing chameleon version, re-running EDP and myFix Full, all to no avail.

I am at my wits end, any insights / inputs greatly appreciated.

Try another configuration, I have the same system D630 + nvidia. And run myFix/Full because it's another configuration (kext's).

Try another configuration, I have the same system D630 + nvidia. And run myFix/Full because it's another configuration (kext's).

Thanks for the reply, can you elaborate on 'try another configuration'?

I have tried doing away with nullcpumanagement and voodoopstate, changing ps2 kexts, all to no avail - are these 'trying another configuration'?

From what I have observed, the unable to shutdown / restart problem seems to be kernel cache or cache in general related.

In other words, if some actions are done prior to system shutting down or restarting that makes the system needing to rebuild cache, the system WILL shutdown or restart properly.