Mountain lion 10.8 on D630

rjjd

Thanks for the reply, can you elaborate on 'try another configuration'?

I have tried doing away with nullcpumanagement and voodoopstate, changing ps2 kexts, all to no avail - are these 'trying another configuration'?

From what I have observed, the unable to shutdown / restart problem seems to be kernel cache or cache in general related.

In other words, if some actions are done prior to system shutting down or restarting that makes the system needing to rebuild cache, the system WILL shutdown or restart properly.

:-)

I meant to say run "./edptool.command" to load another configuration. But it seems that you just need to run myFix/Quick to reconfigure cache if that is what you are suspecting. I had the same failure with restart/shutdown, so I reconfigure(try another configurations to optimized your system (D630, D830 whatever system you have). in this forum, there is no proposed configuration for D630/D630/etc. system. We're still trying to figure it out. Sharing is important in the forum and if members don't share the best optimized system for D630/D630/etc. then those that are struggling will keep on 'hacking". There's no end. So, I hope members SHARE!.

I am in the middle of testing I believe the best configuration for D630 but holding on till I have done extensive tests before I share them. I've found a kext for SleepEnabler.kext that works on my D630 so far, I will share later on. On my configuration/tests, graphics acceleration was not acceptable on this OS X ML GM; I will submit Xbench tests later. At the moment. keep the patience and keep on 'hacking" and then share.

I meant to say run "./edptool.command" to load another configuration. But it seems that you just need to run myFix/Quick to reconfigure cache if that is what you are suspecting. I had the same failure with restart/shutdown, so I reconfigure(try another configurations to optimized your system (D630, D830 whatever system you have). in this forum, there is no proposed configuration for D630/D630/etc. system. We're still trying to figure it out. Sharing is important in the forum and if members don't share the best optimized system for D630/D630/etc. then those that are struggling will keep on 'hacking". There's no end. So, I hope members SHARE!.

I am in the middle of testing I believe the best configuration for D630 but holding on till I have done extensive tests before I share them. I've found a kext for SleepEnabler.kext that works on my D630 so far, I will share later on. On my configuration/tests, graphics acceleration was not acceptable on this OS X ML GM; I will submit Xbench tests later. At the moment. keep the patience and keep on 'hacking" and then share.

got it, thanks.

weird thing is rebuilding cache does NOT ALWAYS work (90% of the times it works; still yet to find a trend), so running myFix (quick or full) is not a foolproof solution.

so far I can confirm default config for d630 and d830 nvidia (without sleep) does not work properly on d630 nvidia.

will continue to try and report back :-)

got it, thanks.

weird thing is rebuilding cache does NOT ALWAYS work (90% of the times it works; still yet to find a trend), so running myFix (quick or full) is not a foolproof solution.

so far I can confirm default config for d630 and d830 nvidia (without sleep) does not work properly on d630 nvidia.

will continue to try and report back :-)

This kext (attached) works for me (D630-nvidia). Sleep/wake works!

Use KextWizard to import it to E/E folder. Run myFix/Quick, reboot, voila "peanut-butter" sandwich.!:-)

SleepEnabler.kext.zip

This kext (attached) works for me (D630-nvidia). Sleep/wake works!

Use KextWizard to import it to E/E folder. Run myFix/Quick, reboot, voila "peanut-butter" sandwich.!:-)

didnt work for me, pity.

using EDP 411 D630 nvidia and D830 nvidia config, both restart / shutdown and sleep didnt work with the kext u attached.

what is the config u used (together with the sleep kext attached) to get everything working?

thkq :-)