Mountain lion 10.8 on D630

rjjd

Hi, i just created an Myhack 3.1 usb stick with ML 10.8 DP3 installed on it and the extra package for my D630 with intel 3100 video card. When i boot up the laptop I seen in the beginning some flashing on the usb stick and that's it no more happens..

Any Idea? i connected an external usb keyboard and mouse on it and also an external screen , In the past i installed lion 10.7 with this combination perfectly.

I read in the forum about the intel video card - is this the course also with my configuration?

greetings fron holland..

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hi rjjd,

You need to replace the appleacpiplatform.kext in the /System/Library/Extensions either manually or use one of the gui helper like kext wized, etc.

Another option is to run EDP and apply the coolbook fix (it will also replace the appleacpiplatform.kext).

Cheers!

Hi Syonagar perhaps i did not quit wrote down my problem..So i think there is an misunderstanding... I cannot startup from the usb stick while trying to install ML 10.8 dmg.. When i boot from the usb stick I created with Myhack 3.1 and the EXTRA file for my D630 laptop then I see a couple of flashes on my USB stick and that 's it..

Or do you mean that i must add the appleacpiplatform.kext into the ML.dmg with I will use for before installing ML on my D630 intel laptop?

Greets..

• Administrators

Dear rjjd,

Yes. You need to replace the appleacpiplatform.kext in your usb installer's /S/L/E (that you created using myhack), run myfix full mode and then boot with march_kernel arch=x86_64 -v -f.

Cheers!

Hi Syonagar thank you, I followed up your tips and indeed the installations starts successfully, However after booting up, using first my usb stick, and selecting then my ML partition i get an KP.. When starting up using -x -f -v system hangs at the state: still waiting for the root device ??? see attached screen dump

Any suggestions?

Greets...

• Administrators

Dear rjjd,

The process is the same for your new os x installation. Have you replace the appleacpiplatform.kext in your new os x system? If you have not, do exactly as my previous post for the usb installer.

Cheers!

Hi syonagar thanks for the reply , but i have still an problem :( How do i replace the appleacpiplatform.kext if i cannot startup the system? Are do you have an trick for this? I now have two boot systems one from the usb install stick and the one i created bur this one won't startup until i replace the kext... :angry: can you help me out once again..

• Administrators

Dear rjjd,

Lets try the easy way first.

You can use terminal from you usb installer to transfer the appleacpiplatform.kext from the usb installer's /S/L/E to the new os x system's /S/L/E manually. Are you familiar with command line work?

Cheers!