Latitude E7450 OpenCore Big Sur installation help

ronald77

I'm new to all this, and I don't really know what I'm doing.  I also have an E7450 with an Intel Core i5-5300U.  I have essentially the exact same experience as described by @ronald77.   I followed the Big Sur instructions via

The OS installs successfully.  I get through the setup and get to the desktop; however, once I reboot or power off and power on, the OS boot progress bar gets about 1/3 through and then restarts.  Occasionally, I get the error screen as referenced in the initial post, which after passing, it then just continues to the same boot loop cycle.

All of the responses by @ronald77 seem in-line with my experience.  I'm on Bios A10 as that seems to be the one mentioned in the guide referenced but for a previous version of macOS, so I wasn't sure if I should updated the bios further.  I've loaded the default values and ensured that the AHCI and UEFI settings are in place.  I'm not sure about the "FIle Vault" question, but I did not format the SSD to have any of the encryption options, which maybe means I don't have "File Vault" enabled.

I have yet to replace the wifi card, but have a dw1560 on order.

@ronald77, did you by chance figure out how to move forward?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, I had some success.  I reinstalled as per the above guide.

since I already had the image created and it at least boots to the post setup and lands on the desktop once.  However, after install, before rebooting, I mounted the EFI volume and replaced the files with the OC 6.2 package posted here.

I haven't tested further yet, I'm still waiting on my wifi card, but it does seem to reboot successfully to the OS without bootlooping.  Woohoo!  Maybe there is a bad kext file in the 6.3 version with the specific e7450 model that both i and @ronald77 have or maybe there is an issue with the 6.3 version all together?  Both are the work of @Jake Lo , so thank you.  @Jake Lo any ideas?  Again, I really don't know what I'm doing, so apologies if I'm not providing good info.  Note that the "Open Core" boot option does nothing, I have to set the HDD boot option as primary.

It seems to be working well so far.  I think I get several errors on boot before the apple loading screen, but it seems to be working well.  Many thanks @Jake Lo!  I have what I believe are a few open core error log files in the EFI volume that may correspond to the output I see on pre boot. It seems to creates one on every boot.  I'm attaching a couple if it gives any insight.  I'm attaching 2 from the 0.6.2 version as well as the 2 from the 0.6.4 version.  Currently my brightness control isn't working, but I do see instructions in the previously mentioned guide for a previous version of macOS that I'm looking into. 

Again, Thank you!

Archive.zip