Precison 7510: unable to boot after updating Clover

nickelnoff

Hello 

i was hoping to get some help since I’ve forgotten most things about getting Hackintoshes working since its been so stable for so long.

Generally I keep Clover and supporting Kexts up to date every few months. Today I updated Clover and supporting kexts but the machine will not boot.

Just see the Apple logo.

I have a USB stick with an older Clover installer on it and i set verbose boot flag and saw the attached picture.

It seems to show:

IMG_3650.thumb.jpg.e0146f8c71ed350fdf1096d9562df16b.jpg

It’s been running the latest version of Catalina 10.15.7 for a while.

Definitely went to r5126 from I believe r5122. I have r4910 on a USB stick but I get the same error:

Err(0xE), 0 @ LocHB 71B4903C-14EC-42C4-BDC6-CE1449930E49

When booting verbose with either version. So i suspect there is a new supporting kept that doesn’t agree. I replaced about 8 of them earlier however I don’t have the exact list or path as to where they are to exclude.

Thanks @Hervé I have tried this however the same progress is made as shown

IMG_3654.thumb.jpg.5f8b49c31bbb22af70029512c1fbde40.jpg

The boot args used here are

-wegnoegpu dart=0 -cdfon brcmfx-country=#a darkwake=no -v

EDIT - just to be clear the photo taken in the first post was when booting from the USB stick on which there is the earlier version of Clover

• Administrators

I think you may need Clover r510x minimum to boot later versions of Catalina. Certainly never used anything lower than Clover r505x with any of my Catalina installations.

@nickelnoff, you should be able to replace the Clover boot files (bootx64, cloverx64) and .efi drivers from any computer/OS (even Windows) on your USB key. The hidden EFI partition is normally FAT32...

Here are files for r5107 for instance (boots 10.15.7 without issues):

r5107.zip

• Like 1