sleeping just restart my computer

clockwork247

• Administrators

Try re-applying the EDP kexts for your model. I experienced the same issue (D630 would go to sleep Ok but would do a hard reset with BIOS reset on wake attempt) until I re-applied the kexts.

• Administrators

I did not need to apply the D430 BIOS password procedure to get sleep to work on my D630. I "only" had to follow the model-specific kexts installation, followed by Hibernation fix. That was enough.

EDIT: I can close the lid or select Apple-> Suspend or press FN+ESC to put D630 to sleep. It'll wake when I open the lid or press the power button.

Without this step-by-step procedure, I could put the D630 to sleep Ok, but it would immediately shutdown and restart with complete BIOS reset to default at any wake request.

I did not need to apply the D430 BIOS password procedure to get sleep to work on my D630. I "only" had to follow the model-specific kexts installation, followed by Hibernation fix. That was enough.

I can close the lid or select Apple-> Suspend to put D630 to sleep. It'll wake when I open the lid or press the power button -FN F2 not supported though, but that's trivial).

Without this step-by-step procedure, I could put the D630 to sleep Ok, but it would immediately shutdown and restart with complete BIOS reset to default at any wake request.

Hi Hervé, I have the same D630 model as you but I have never get sleep completely work although I tried many times, just no success. Could you please zip the Extra folder and let me download? There are many things could effect sleep I guess... Thanks a lot

Dear elim,

Have you tried the dsdt.aml I posted here (last post):-

http://forum.osxlati...30/page__st__20

Make sure you do a fresh configuration for D630 with EDP 3.1 before that.

Cheers!

Dear Syonagar,

I updated bios to A18, installed myHack3.1 and EDP3.1, copied your dsdt to /Extra/Models/Dell_Latitude_D630-intel/common/ (replaced the 1280x800 one), edited the boot.plist for 1440x900, then rebuilt EDP... Not much progress on sleep: close the lid, it'll go sleep for a second and immediately go awake....