Acer Aspire 6930G - What to install ?

elgranoti

• Administrators

Having the Clover EFI folder at the root level is not an issue; you may now check if Clover boots or not (you won't go very far but you'll see if USB key is now bootable). I'll prepare a basic pack that, hopefully, will allow you to proceed with installation, pending post-install tuning.

• Administrators

Copy the contents of the attached zip pack to your Clover EFI folder. It's very basic and, on the understanding that Acer Aspire 6930g is fitted with a Synaptics Touchpad, I've included the kexts than Dinesh developed and posted here.

Aspire_6930G_10.13_Clover_Pack.zip

We may need to revisit this if yours has an ALPS Touchpad because Acer's web site shows this as possible hardware too...

One thing I'll ask you to do when you next boot your Clover USB installer is to press [F4] once you get to clover main menu. This will dump your BIOS tables to the ACPI/origin folder of the USB key. Zip that origin folder and post it so that we look at your DSDT and assess need for patching.

Well, I'm booting from the installer but it reboots right after "DSMOS has arrived" and I can't see what comes next ( something comes up, but I don't have time to see it )... here is my origin folderorigin.zip

Ok, I made it now... had to use "nv_disable=1" in order to go all the way through. I'm booting now from the hard disk.

I'll let you know how it goes...

Thanks a lot Hervé !!!!!

• Administrators

Ok, we'll probably have to look into injecting adequate properties for your nVidia dGPU afterwards. Once you've finished installing High Sierra, you may update all the way to Security Update 2020-006 (build 18G14042). Take an IOReg extract from IORegistryExplorer, zip it and post it here.

Meantime, you may try this config. Place the unzipped file alongside your existing config and select it from Options->Config menu when you reach Clover's main boot screen.

config_nv.plist.zip

• Administrators

Try this new config (without boot arg nv_disable=1):

config_nv#2.plist.zip

Once you obtain graphics acceleration on that GeForce 9300M GS, you can expect the following GPU power states (GPU core/memory clocks in MHz): 169/100, 275/250, 500/400, 580/400 or something like that... This if you replace the FakeSMC of my initial pack with this revised version:

FakeSMC.kext.zip

Perfectly normal that you have no audio (among other things), it's not been looked into yet. Try to run DPCIManager old app, it may show the codec your Acer runs with. If not we'll just got for VoodooHDA later on.

I'm afraid config_nv 2 didn't work either (still have the same problem: it reboots before finishing loading).

May I replace the FakeSMC now, or should I wait for the graphics to work ?

Regarding the sound codec, I couldn't find it on DPCIManager ( screenshot attached )

DPCI Screenshot.png