Transfer Mac installation to Hackintosh

PatArch

• Administrators

Dear PatArch,

In short, you can transfer your existing os x installation in your man mini to the D630.

However, you will need to clone your mac mini hard disk to D630 hard disk using cloning software such as carbon copy cloner. Easiest would be to remove the D630 hard disk and turn it into an external usb hard disk for transfer purpose.

After that, install the D630 bootpack to the D630 hard disk, boot it, install myhack utilities, run EDP 3 and reboot.

That should work.

Cheers!

Dear PatArch,

In short, you can transfer your existing os x installation in your man mini to the D630.

However, you will need to clone your mac mini hard disk to D630 hard disk using cloning software such as carbon copy cloner. Easiest would be to remove the D630 hard disk and turn it into an external usb hard disk for transfer purpose.

After that, install the D630 bootpack to the D630 hard disk, boot it, install myhack utilities, run EDP 3 and reboot.

That should work.

Cheers!

Thanks for your suggestion.

Should I use EDP 1.9.2 or EDP 3 ?

I though EDP1.9.x is for OSX10.6.x

I have a Genuine Mac OSX 10.6.8 installation on my Mac Mini (Core2Duo).

Is it possible to transfer the installed system to my Dell D630 (with X3100 graphics) ?

Does anyone know how to do it ?

The free version of SuperDuper can also work. I have most experience with SuperDuper