[Solved] E7270 Mojave Installation stuck

Jackob.Lawrence

Hi brothers))) I have an issue with installation of Mojave to this laptop... i've used bootpack from this thread ..

I did't find anything related to this problem sorry..

but i can't even boot into installer... i'm stucking on apfs_module_start... and then on "still working for root device" with circle on the screen... i've used -igfxvesa but still without success... because my installer partition in pen drive is in HFS+ format i've removed VboxHFS from disabled drivers in config.plist... 

Please help folks)) thanks for any response) attaching photos and EFI folder) and yeah all those manipulations i've done in Windows 10... there's no working Macs right now

20201204_210452.jpg

20201204_210357.jpg

EFI.zip

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Bronxteck said:

if you are stuck at waiting on root you can try another usb port if it is the usb installer you are stuck at. if it's on the hard drive then it may be you have a problematic nvme drive if that's what you have.

First i've suspected that installer have issues with usb 3.0 but then how people are installing on their 7270s?? It only have usb 3.0... and my ssd is m.2.. not nvme.. it's a Micron 1100 m.2 sata 256gb..

21 minutes ago, Jake Lo said:

post new files, to confirm it's done correctly

Also in your BIOS, make sure you have UEFI and AHCI enabled

Ok now i'll do...

here my new files...

EFI.zip

• Moderators

Files look good now. USB 3.0 ports are fine. Just make sure you have the BIOS settings set correctly.

Best to set BIOS to Load Default. Apply. Reboot and go back to BIOS again and set to 

UEFI enable

AHCI enable

Secure Boot disable

Disable Wake on USB / AC / WWAN / LAN / WLAN