• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Jorge1964

1) format a USB stick as  FAT32. copy the EFI file on it

2) create a extra directory :   "com.apple.recovery.boot"  and copy the recovery files in it.  (BaseSystem.chunklist &  BaseSystem.dmg:  too big to send with this post)  

3) boot from it and have patience.... 

• Moderators

Tanya's guide is using OpenCore, not Clover. Clover has issue booting Big Sur.

After creating the installer, mount the EFI partition and just replace the entire EFI folder with the attachment on the last page. Unless you have an Apple and Microsoft folder, then just replace the Boot and OC folder inside EFI.

hello Jorge,

You indeed need an internet connection if you, as I did,  do the install from the Recovery Image. 

You need the files mentioned above:  BaseSystem.chunklist &  BaseSystem.dmg.  You can download these with the program/script:  gibMacOS  ( https://github.com/corpnewt/gibMacOS )  

making a Hackintosh is not very  easy:  that's also why I said  "have patience"  :-) 

• Moderators

@Jorge1964

Since you have a Mac already, you can download BS and create the installer from there using the createinstallmedia command.

The download is about 12 GB so you'll need an USB that's around 16GB or more. Personally I use an external USB SSD.

ie sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Big\ Sur.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/BS

where your USB drive is named "BS"

Then you mount the EFI partition and add the EFI folder attached above.

Just set your BIOS to UEFI enable/ AHCI enable / Secure Boot Disabled. The rest can be default