E7470 BCM94360CS2 not working 11.01 OC 0.6.3

EagleOne

Good evening,

I had a E7470 laying around unused and finally found some time to get hands on to get macOS working. Thanks to Jake Lo's deployment package in his guide here was I able to deploy macOS probably the fasted I've ever done before. One issue that I unfortunately face is that the BCM94360CS2 card that finally arrived today is not seeming to work even that it is natively supposed to work.

Attempts of modifying the config.plist to prevent the BRCM kexts to load did not succeed. I found some info on a GitHub project that mentioned to removed the BrmcFirmwareData.kext and BrmcPatchRAM3.kext, here also no success by blocking/ignoring/removing. I am kind of lost and unsure what else to try. Other resource also mentioned that the adapter card may be faulty but how would I know/test? 

I restored the OC structure to Jake Lo's source data at this point. Does anyone has any suggestion what else I could try ?

• Administrators

If the card you're talking about is meant to be a real Apple card, then it obviously requires no additional kexts than what macOS natively provides... As such, remove any such kexts from /L/E and/or your EFI kexts subfolder as well as any mention to it in your OC config file. Reboot and make sure to Reset NVRAM.

Now, it'd be greatly appreciated if you would provide some specific details about your trouble rather than "does not seem to work"...

• What's not working? wireless, Bluetooth, both?
  • Do you see the wireless card (PCIe) + BT module (USB) in IOReg?
  • An Apple card requires an adapter so that it can be fitted to a standard mini-PCIe slot or M.2 slot. What do you use in that respect and how is it fitted?

Note that, a few years ago, fake Apple cards were sold from a large country in Asia. Therefore beware and check the wireless + BT pci ids of your device.

Hi Hervé, 

thanks for your reply. Both Bluetooth and WiFi are not working. I need to check if it shows up in IOReg. It’s been a while since my last project and lots has changed since when it comes to bootloaders etc.still needing to get back into the flow.

I have a NGFF adapter. This one Converter for BCM94360CS2 pcie WiFi Card Module

And this wifi Card

Good evening,

sorry for the delay in further feedback. Work has been hell. I removed the BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrmcPatchRam3.kext again, updated the config.plist reset nvram to take a IOReg reading.

Under L/E are only 3 kext's: HighPointIOP, HighPointRR and SoftRAID. 

In OC kext's is still the remaining kext's that came with Jake Lo's pack.

IMG_1732.jpeg

I removed the lines and kext and tried again without success. Adding the plist. Thank you for helping me with this!

I am debating to order another adapter just in case that's what's causing this. The Wifi card itself is said to be verified working before sale as used like new. Unfortunately I don't have a MacBook Pro to test it with.

Thank you!

config.plist.zip

ioreg export.zip

Edited by EagleOne
added a new ioreg report