D620 hackintosh DVD drive not working

clockwork247

I used the D430 Image to install my SL on my D620, but my DVD drive doesn't work (everything else work).

I'm thinking because the D430 doesn't have a DVD drive and that's why it's not regconize? any kext i can put in to get my DVD drive to work? thanks.

Hi Bronxteck --

I just realized that I have the same problem on a D630 -- I have a copy of IOATAFamily in S/L/E and in E/E -- I think if I remember correctly the S/L/E will load first and maybe that is the problem? Should I just delete the S/L/E one? The drive isn't even getting power at all and isn't getting detected so I'm starting to wonder if it is something worse, but..

I'm running EDP 3.0 and everything else is working great

Thanks for any thoughts!

I didn't resolve this problem at all with any kext or changes on the system, instead when I did a f12 boot sequence on my D630 I noticed the CD/DVD drive was not listed as an option at all -- so the fact that the drive wasn't getting power was more fundamental than just in OS X. I was able to get it work fine again by setting the BIOS to ATA first, rebooting then going back to ACHI...

Now I have no problems... very strange that the BIOS basically was reset to the point of not even sending power to the device.