Dell Vostro 5568: macOS Catalina optimisation

jantestmac

I was getting around 6-7hours (Sometimes in between given the work I do is mostly watching course videos and surfing). Though I should mention I have replaced my battery 3 months ago only. And the new battery is same as the older one i.e. same model etc.

Also again if I may mention the battery life looks as if its increased from the SSDT which Jake Provided(Thanks a lot Jake for that). But still it is reaching around 3 hours. To test the battery life I put on a video of 3 hours and put the laptop on side while video was still running and after then video was finished I had 6% battery left so and given that the video was not exactly of 3 hours i am saying I am getting 3 hours battery life right now.

I should mention one more thing I have also used CPUFriend kext with CPUFriendFriend (Though haven't installed anything from tools just these kexts) and set up min frequency to 800Mhz and similarly other two things too. But no help in the battery department even after that.

Also when I was googling for any potential solution I found people talking about drain on their system and checking it using Intel Power Gadget. When I tried Installing that it doesn't open(It doesn't show up in Privacy for opening). And I searched about that issue on google some other issues came up which suggested IPG sometimes breaks the system. So I dropped idea of installing IPG

Sorry for this kind of question But where should I look in here? I googled a bit but could not find a proper place to look for. Also I really appreciate you taking time to reply really thank you. 

And I saw your many posts in past few days and saw you've got almost similar battery life as windows in the post I saw I really wish I could have the same :) Please Do let me know what should I look for inn this IORegistryExplorer for checking that dGPU status.

• Administrators

In IORegistryExplorer, do File->SaveAs and save the IOREg output to a file. Zip it and post it; we'll look at it.

In a laptop, the dGPU is normally located at IO address 0x00010000 on the PCIe bus, so you'd have a device looking like <XXXX@1> in the tree (eg: GFX0@1).