Dell Vostro 5568: macOS Catalina optimisation

jantestmac

I was eagerly waiting for the reply lol. Thank you for confirming that really thanks Jake for that file I guess which helped me disable that dGPU. But then what should I do to fix poor battery life (which is really less than half than what I used to get in windows)

Oh thank you for that help I just asked cause the bootpack for both were different so Should I also update my bootpack to Big Sur? 

Lol Sorry for this thing but it turns out that I thought that It won't work without updating EFI and @Syonagar also suggested that big sur is compatible And I even wanted to try out AppleALC so I did

1 . Modify the existing EFI with the Big Sur bootpack of Syonagar's post keeping the CPUFriend kext and SSDT-DDGPU and SSDT-BRT6 which you provided me recently

2. Took the clean snapshot in config plist to make things work and also changed the Serial Number In the config Plist

And placed this in EFI partition to boot I can boot properly but I have following issues.

1. Brightness hot keys are not working anymore :(

2. AppleALC is actually worse. I really can not get the perfect balance in headphone jack to make it work lol(Full plug in doesn't work). 

• Moderators

Your updated config is most likely missing the patches I had added to the Config file I uploaded to fix those issue

Post the new EFI if you want me to review it

Your last IOReg file shows you're still using VoodooHDA for audio. VoodooHDA might not have the power management you would get from AppleALC.kext.

Yes as I mentioned I was using the whole bootpack which was provided by @Syonagar for Catalina which includes VoodooHDA so I guess that's why and other than that yes I have changed that anyway with the Big Sur Bootpack (Which has AppleALC).

let me provide you the EFI it would really help if you could check that out thank you :)

Here is the EFI

Note: In this I currently have the BRT6 of the bootpack provided by Syonagar. I had replaced it with SSDT-BTS6 first which you provided but It didn't work so I thought why not give this SSDT-BRT6 a try

Oh Sorry Lol yes I meant SSDT-BRT6. And I updated and brightness hotkyes works fine now. Thank you so much for that I really appreciate the help you provided :). I am yet to test the battery life in this one as I just updated to Big Sur now and update also seems to work just fine and as you mentioned earlier about AppleHDA giving better battery. My laptop now has that too so i hope it should give me better battery. :) again thank you for all the help you provided.