Dell Vostro 5568: macOS Catalina optimisation

jantestmac

• Moderators

I don't see how you have BT working with the files you had attached. From the previous IOReg file, it looks like you have Intel Wifi which means you have Intel BT. You'll need IntelBluetoothFirmware and Intelbluetoothinjector.

So I tried to find the solution but seems there is no solution for the Audio I guess :(  (I tried a ALCFIX  zip which someone mentioned in other Vostro 5568 post) the headphone jack is really worse now with AppleHDA lol. and even touchpad is not working after waking up from sleep.

I have the same EFI and config plist is also same as you provided is there any solution regarding this touchpad issue? Also It would really help if someone could provide me the Codec model for Vostro 5568 and provide me the right direction to fix this issue.

Oh I thought the same but was a bit afraid to mess around with any files.

Also just as an update I found a ApplePS2controller.kext which you provided to one thread of Latitude E7270. But it stops gestures working and when I go to touchpad it says no touchpad detected. (However I was able to use touchpad to move around) So I replaced that back with VoodooPS2controller but in this touchpad stops after sleep

Agreed @Syonagar.

Also I was searching a bit here and there for codec for this before Jake pointed out that I have ALC256 so the weird thing I found is that in Owner's manual of Dell it suggests that vostro 5568 has ALC 3266-CG and when I googled about ALC3266 it shows that it is ALC298. Can this be the problem that we are using stuff of ALC256 and no audio is there?? (Though in IORegistryExplorer it says 256 all over the place lol so I am not sure in this)

And Where should I check whether the given layout-id is working or not in IORegistryExplorer as I only found one entry alc-layout-id which is  "8"  and below it there is layout-id <07 00 00 00> under HDEF@1F, 3 which one of it should be my layout id which I set up in config.plist as I have set up layout-id 56 in that.

Update : Just out of curiosity I tried changing the layout-id in config.plist and there was no change in those two places in IORegistryExplorer