Dell Vostro 5568: macOS Catalina optimisation

jantestmac

• Moderators

Download ACPIBatteryManager.kext, place it in /EFI/OC/Kexts

In the Config file, under Kernel/Add, find SMCBatteryManager.kext and disable it

Add ACPIBatteryManager.kext to Config file under Kernel/Add. Use ProperTree.app if you're familiar with it to add

Save and reboot

Can I have the link or something for ACPIBatteryManager as most of the file I tried two but none seems to work correctly but I do think it's the wrong file as both of them were uploaded more than two years ago if I am not wrong. 

Also I had one more question I should also remove the SMCBatteryManager right?

• Administrators

It's not a recent kext; last version is available off Rehabman's repo. You probably already have it.

Of course you either use ACPIBatteryBattery (with FakeSMC) or SMCBatteryManager (with VirtualSMC), not both at the same time.

I did try that out no help at all in battery life improvement.

I was out of town for quite sometime and just got back.

Also I am seeing some things before boot up which looks like issues. I googled those issues but couldn't find out any potential solution. I am attaching a photo here for that. If someone has fixed this or have any info of this please help :) Any help on this will be appreciated.

Screenshot_20210305-132415577.jpg

• Administrators

the solution is you have to update your config file to correspond with the version of bootloader you are using. some features where removed and or added / replaced from the version of bootloader you are using and the config you are using.

I don't have my system running right now. Though I am using the bootpack uploaded here and I have uploaded IoReg file in previous post too. 

Need Help:

As suggested by people above I tried to update the config file as well as update opencore so that config.plist is similar to original sample.plist in latest release.

So to do that I watched a YT video which suggested to clear NVRam I cleared NVRam from the opencore menu but I think I might have done a mistake and now a BSOD error comes. Saying there is a problem.

Any solution for that?