E5440 Configuration on Catalina 10.15.7

Killery

Hello, last Saturday, I asked for your help and Thanks to Jake Lo and Hervé I was able to successfully install mac os Catalina on my Latitude e5440 (thank you very much!)
Today I ask for your help again to help me finish the configuration of my Dell, indeed I have several things that are not working or badly:
3.0 USB ports (mac os say that the peripherals I plug into them don't have enough power)
Screen resolution
Click with the trackpad and multi touch
Airdrop

For the USB ports I understood that it worked with SSDT / ACPI but I do not know how it works

If someone could enlighten me on all these points I would take his advice with great pleasure!
thank you in advance
K.L

EFI copie 2.zip

• Moderators

@Killery

1) USB 3.0 <- You'll probably need to use Hackintool.app to generate your own USBPorts.kext. Right now it just use the USBInjectAll.kext

2) Alps touchpad <- you'll just get 2 fingers scrolling, 2 fingers right click, tab to drag and basic mouse movement

3) Airdrop not supported with Intel itlwm.kext, see here

• Moderators

You can try 1Revenger1's Alps version here or try configuring the settings in info.plist within the kext

Not sure what ACPI error you're referring to but since you're using VirtualSMC.kext, you should remove SMCHelper.efi from drivers/UEFI (only for FakeSMC)

Well you are really strong and benevolent! thx those lines are now gone! Hope I am not too mean if I ask if there is a way to make it go away?

20201217_200712.jpg

20201217_200716.jpg

Edited by Killery
Dumb question has been removed !