D430 Lion Display is gloomy compared with Windows

Jerome

+1 on that - after every cold boot the brightness always drops to below max brightness - but it shouldn't be flickery - just a bit dimmer than max - when you move the slider the brightness does go brighter/dimmer?

But if you setup sleep (set a BIOS password but set it so it is not asked for when coming out of sleep) then you never really have to cold boot and have to adjust brightness :-)

what your experiencing with the slider is normal on d430.

+1 on that - after every cold boot the brightness always drops to below max brightness - but it shouldn't be flickery - just a bit dimmer than max - when you move the slider the brightness does go brighter/dimmer?

But if you setup sleep (set a BIOS password but set it so it is not asked for when coming out of sleep) then you never really have to cold boot and have to adjust brightness :-)

Ah, that explains so much. I don't know why mine flickers too, but I suppose it's expected with these kind of installations. I tried the sleep trick and it does help me gloss over the problem for now.

Thanks for the help. :)

I just signed up to confirm that with current svn's of EDP the screen brightness is way down and it flickers a bit until you manually set the brightness to max. I have this issue on both my D420 and my D820. Brightness fix is applied. It doesn't happen with older EDP releases. It also happened on Lion but it was easily fixed there using the AppleFrameBuffer.kext from the installer. Hope someone can find a fix for this in the current EDP.