Google Pixelbook: unable to obtain graphics acceleration on KBL HD 615 under macOS

olm3ca

I got it working! @Jake Lo it turns out the config.plist you shared with me on Mojave works like a charm :-) The problem was Catalina, and I think it's related to the firmware on this Pixelbook, it's not a regular BIOS. Something prevented graphics acceleration on Catalina but now it's working on Mojave. So - thanks so much to you and @Hervé for the support! 

Note: once I iron out a few more problems I'll gladly share any details. Still more to be done. 

• Like 1

We definitely do! What really helped with the config.plist you shared was the enable-dpcd-max-link-rate-fix and the dpcd-max-link-rate (highlights from the config are below). Without those, it wouldn't get to the GUI. For some reason though, this exact same EFI does not boot to the GUI on Catalina. We're still trying to figure out why. the install procedure and more details are on the repo here: https://github.com/olm3ca/PixelbookOSX/blob/main/README.md

AAPL,ig-platform-id / Data / 00001E59

framebuffer-patch-enable / Data / 01000000

framebuffer-fbmem / Data / 00009000

framebuffer-stolenmem / Data / 00003001

enable-dpcd-max-link-rate-fix / Data / 01000000

dpcd-max-link-rate / Data / 1E000000

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 4.23.46 PM.png

@Jake Lo - It's been a while, but I have a fun update for you: a very recent discovery in WhateverGreen has broken past the barrier of using Mojave only. I can confirm Big Sur works with graphics acceleration now! And probably even more recent versions like Monterey. The fix will be coming out soon in a public release, with the boot arg -igfxnotelemetryload - thought you (and others here) would like to know! :)