Lion 10.7 on Dell D630 with T9300

carbarmo

Please.... help me. I cant believe it, I finally installed Lion 10.7 on my Dell D630, Intel X3100. Still had some problems starting, it was slowly starting, but the keyboard, mouse, video, wireless, worked just perfect. Then I did an upgrade of the CPU, from Intel T7100 to T9300.... Now I cant start Lion again, so I tried make a reinstall but I cant start installation neither :blink:

If I start with the boot flag -v I see the error

"ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized"

Plsss, help me.

• Administrators

Dear carbarmo,

If you managed to boot up to the line above it means that your boot up went well. Don't worry that is just os x complaining because the AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext is not loaded.

It seems to me that your gui is not starting due to graphics issues. But i don't think changing cpu would cause that.

Have you tried to boot to other os to check if your system is working fine after the cpu upgrade?

Cheers!

Thanks to Bronxteck and Syonagar. I already tried -v and -x, also tried UserCacheKernel=No and -f. Im gonna do what is Syonagar saying and see if the laptop works perfectly with Windows first. I will tell you later if works.

Hey!!, I just found another DSDT file and it works now, I can proceed with installation, but now I got the message "Still waiting for root device" :o I already set my HDD to AHCI, turned off USB's, USBBusFix=Yes and No; UseCacheKernel=No and Yes; -v, -x, -f, PCIRootUID=1; rd=disk0s2 (Im sure that is my Lion partition, I only got 1 HD and 1 partition)

I will try to install Lion again but in a USB Flash Memory to see what happens.

what other DSDT you´re using? also review the bios because when you change the processor you need A16 at least.... and review your cmos settings because when you change the processor you have to unplug the battery....is possible that you do it change some settings

Hey!!, I just found another DSDT file and it works now, I can proceed with installation, but now I got the message "Still waiting for root device" :o I already set my HDD to AHCI, turned off USB's, USBBusFix=Yes and No; UseCacheKernel=No and Yes; -v, -x, -f, PCIRootUID=1; rd=disk0s2 (Im sure that is my Lion partition, I only got 1 HD and 1 partition)

I will try to install Lion again but in a USB Flash Memory to see what happens.