E7450: Sleep and caps lock problem!

chr0sy

Hi. I'm using Catalina 10.5.7 with latest opencore and I have only 2 issues:

1.  Sleep problems. the laptop goes to sleep just fine with apple logo > sleep, or with lid closing. but to wake up it goes through a process which lasts around 5 minutes. i open the lid, computer wakes from sleep -> screen is completely black (turned off) for 2 minutes -> screen turns on but it's black (at this point, i have to press some keys, otherwise it won't wake) -> if i press keys on the previous step, it takes around 3 minutes and then it wakes up. i'm stuck! can anyone help me please! something linked with this also is that computer takes around 1.5-2 minutes to boot up (seems a lot or it's normal?)
  2.  the caps lock problem. i have to press caps lock twice to activate it and twice to deactivate it. it might seem like not a big problem but it's annoying me lol. any help?

thank you in advance. i have the e7450 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5300U CPU @ 2.30GHz 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

Look up my E7250 guide and grab the PS2 controller kext from there. It's good old DrHurt's R6 for Alps hardware and it works perfectly on the E7x50 without the issue you mentioned.

Can't see why you'd encounter such issue with wake. Make sure you've got the right CPU power management settings in place and hibernation disable (see our FAQ section if necessary). Of course, no kext or anything specific for Sleep & Wake apart from disabling hibernation.

Lastly, configure your BIOS parameters as per the posted recommended settings.

That about all we can say in the absence of any troubleshooting/debugging material from your part.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. 

i'm using your ps2 controller and the issue still persists, i also did a oc clean snapshot after replacing the kext and still nothing. 

what do you mean with the right cpu power management settings in place? one thing i have to let you know is that when installing, i mostly used an efi folder from a friend in github (https://github.com/aatidonte/e7450-oc/releases) and i read somewhere that for the cpu power management, there are some ssdts which i have to generate manually for my cpu version (even though the github author claims he has the same cpu model and it should work theoretically). could this be the problem? can you point me in the right direction if this could be the problem and how to fix it?

Also these are my power settings:

System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
 lidwake              1
 autopoweroff         1
 standbydelayhigh     86400
 autopoweroffdelay    259200
 standbydelaylow      10800
 standby              1
 proximitywake        1
 ttyskeepawake        1
 hibernatemode        0
 powernap             0
 gpuswitch            2
 hibernatefile        /dev/null
 highstandbythreshold 50
 displaysleep         0
 womp                 0
 networkoversleep     0
 sleep                0 (sleep prevented by coreaudiod, nsurlsessiond, nsurlsessiond, nsurlsessiond, nsurlsessiond, nsurlsessiond, nsurlsessiond, nsurlsessiond, nsurlsessiond, UserEventAgent, UserEventAgent)
 tcpkeepalive         1
 halfdim              1
 disksleep            0

Also bios settings are fine as per this subforums instructions

• Moderators

You need to disable ApplePS2Controller.kext or delete it. 

Problem is your friend is using files from my bootpack without understanding what they are. I've included 2 versions of kexts ( ApplePS2Controller and VoodooPS2Controller)

For some user VoodooPS2Controller causes boot issue, in those case they need to use an old legacy ApplePS2Controller...works but has caps lock issue.

If you use ProperTree snapshot, it'll add every kexts, ssdt* to the Config files, hence both touchpad kexts are enabled. You see how this can be an issue?