D630 T7500 1440x900 intel questions

elim

I got partially working SL and Lion dual boot system on my D630 T7500 1440x900 intel graphic laptop.

The WD 250Gb hard drive was an external one with 3 partitions with backups (CCC) from my D430 installations: One for SL, One for Lion and the other for resource storage.

I still used myhack2.2, 10.7.3 dvd img and bootpack-D630-intel.zip to create the usb pen. One thing important is to replace the DSDT with high resolution one.

Disabled wifi and bluetooth in Bios, set Sata mode to AHCI, Boot with the pen and -v option, the installation went very smoothly (I erased the partition for D430 lion backup and install the fresh lion there). except I have to use external mouse and keyboard.

Reboot with the pen and select new lion partition from within its boot menu, using -v option, I got in the new OS and installed EDP2.2 without a problem. But rebuilding EDP caused kernel panic right after the completion of step 1 there! I have to boot with the pen and use terminal there to copy the DSDT to /Extra. Seems that step 1 overrides my high resolution DSDT somehow.

Boot into new os again, rerun edptool.command for options in step 2 and then install chameleon in step 3. Reboot, it turns out my SL backup partition is active, so I copied the dsdt.aml to my SL_partition/Extra. That way I got the dual boot SL, Lion system in the funny way!

With D430 installation, the SL runs on my D630 without working ethernet and wifi, seems I need to rebuild EDP1.9.2 there to replace D430 specific with D630 stuff. Namely some other kexts.

Issues:

(1) Have to turn off wifi, otherwise definitely crash at boot.

Question: replace the existing wifi card with DW 1395 A01 will work? Please advise

(2) I modified the boot.plist in Snow Leopard partition to correct the screen resolution, it works. But the same trick not working for Lion. Boot time screen resolution was 1024x768, I don't know how to fix (where to specify the right resolution) although the display is correct when boot is over.

Question: anyway to fix that?

(3) It doesn't sleep with SleepEnabler installed for some reason...

Dear Elim,

For item (2), have you tried to install chameleon to the new os x lion partition?

Cheers!

Thanks Syonagar for the help. Yes. It was done in step 3 of rebuilding EDP2.2

Maybe I should try install chameleon wizard?

Issues:

(1) Have to turn off wifi, otherwise definitely crash at boot.

Question: replace the existing wifi card with DW 1395 A01 will work? Please advise

Yes! Replace the intel 4965AGN MM1 wifi card (black,gray,white 3wires) with DW1395 (black,white 2wires), turn on the wifi in Bios, It just works very well.

I don't know what the gray wire does. Antenna or what? Any way...Great to have working wifi on D630 OS X's

Any alien piece of hardware can cause kernel panic. including wifi card.

Sleep could be a very tough thing for this laptop: it needs better DSDT....

I have upgrade the Lion to 10.7.4, the system still refuse go sleep. Actually it can go sleep for a second and than awake quickly, bring the password prompt to front...

I solved the boot display and wifi issues for the D630 T7500 1440x900. But have no clue to make sleep work.

wifi solution: use dw1395 card and replace /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext with this IO80211Family.kext

boot display: insert a key-string pair to *boot.plist

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1440x900x32</string>

Resize /Extra/Themes/Default/background.png to 1440x900 px

For sleep issue, I think this thread is very resourceful. It also helps to understand dsdt, EDP better. I'll study and experiment more about this.

My Question: Anyone get a fully functional SL or Lion on D630 T7500 1440x900 x3100 latitude, including audio, networks and sleep?

Sleep Issue with D630 T7500 1440x900 intel model

This is to report the behavior of the particular model when apply the standard sleep settings with SleepEnabler.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

First of all, sleep is not completely dysfunctional as it will go sleep according to the timer U set in Preference/Energy Saver. U see it goes to sleep after it idling long enough as U defined. In sleep state, the power lit goes darker and lighter alternatively like a snoring elf and it can be awaken by press power button.

2nd of all, sleep is not completely working since it neither go sleep nor awake by closing or opening the LCD lid.

When U close the lid, it'll turn of HDD, LCD and bluetooth for a second and then turn HDD and bluetooth on right away, then turn off HDD again, leave the machine unresponsive with LCD, HDD off, bluetooth on. Press power button or open/close lid has no effect to it. But leave the machine that way it'll eventually go sleep so that the power button can wake the machine up again.

It's not my D630's lid problem since I have a HDD installed with windows xp, running that HDD, the lid works just fine in putting the system sleep and awake.

This is consistent on both Snow Leopard 10.6.8 EDP2.2 and Lion 10.7.4 EDP3

In short, I can simply say that sleep is not controlable by LCD lid for D630 T7500 1440x900 intel model.

Dear elim,

Mine sleeps pretty well. As we both have similar Extra kexts except for graphics kexts and dsdt.aml, my guest is something is wrong with your dsdt.aml.

Cheers!

Thanks Syonager. Very reasonable guess. I'm not sure where the current dsdt download page is. Do you have any recommendations?

• Administrators

Dear elim,

The latest dsdt.aml for your machine is already in EDP 3.1. Download it and copy the dsdt.aml to your /E/E folder.

Further, what bios to you have? You may need to update to the latest A18 if you have not as we have tested sleep in that bios version.

Cheers!