Dell Latitude D430 Thread

Zeppo

Hi,

I just keep getting back to this. When selecting "1" I do not get list of machine models.

Is it required to have 'Mac' connected to Internet to this work?

I get empty menu and 'Please choose:" underneat.

-----> Now that was stupid of me: The console window size was too small to display all lines. So important ones scrolled off from the top.

-J

• Administrators

boot up on your usb stick or installation, and run a disk repair on your HD, do a new build and try again.

A good setup for D430 is:

Voodoops2controller (debug), power package and no pcmcia...

hmm.. nope.. i'm all out of ideas.. the only thing i can come to, is that you have a "diffrent" d430 model.. sorry mate...

How can we find out if there really is a HW difference?

Also, if I make a complete new installation (with 10.6.0 I still had my battery) and try to run it without going to 10.6.6 immediately (after the upgrade run my battery disappeared) can I use EDP 1.5 RC6 or do I need to have some other configuration? I would like to see if I am able to make changes for sleep (this hibernation issue I have) and even boot from HD. Somehow running 10.6.6 combo update eliminates my battery recognition and apparently screws ups all power management.

If I am able to make those changes prior going to 10.6.6, they might be taken over.

Well, I didn't come up with a better idea.

Ok,

So I rebooted from USB-stick, did disk repair. Following errors were detected/corrected:

-Invalid volume file count

-Invalid volume directory count

I then rebooted back to OSX (usb-stick still attached).

I then ran the EDP 1.5rc6 with suggested values

And I also re-installed the AnVAL5.1.4 boot

Now I get stuck in some ethernet detection part. See attached screen capture.

Edit: After disabling the NIC from BIOS, I am back in the original error message about AppleIntelPIIXATA.

there is site with some solution about this (common?) problem:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=186609&hl=

How does one use these kext-files?

Edit 2: quote from above site: "Apple have fixed the bug in 10.6.3, so this patch isn't needed/useful anymore for 10.6.3+ systems"

I am still on 10.6.0 ...

-J

post-545-038560200 1297958104.jpg

do you keep using the same file to update to 10.6.6? maybe its corrupted. or your disk image is corrupted...

Sadly no. 3 times I downloaded anew. And I don't think it's the DVD image itself. So far I did several installs on different machines with that same image - no issues.

Also, even if this would be the case - it simply does not compute. If I start from USB using identical /Extra folder like the one residing on my HD (I always run edptool on HD and just copy the results to my stick), I get the correct resolution, sound, keyboard and trackpad working. Starting from HD, using identical /Extra folder, I miss all those things. At least, since I installed CRC's BIOS_OSX I can boot from disk (although with issues). Before that, using the vanilla BIOS and D430 DSDT I had KP's in 100% starts from HD. And not one from USB!

I repeated the configuration of /Extra folder for like 50 times now. Also, several times I renamed /Extra folder and wrote a new one on disk (vs. replacing) to ensure that it will be written on other blocks as the old one. Just for the case if the old one was written on bad blocks.

And that's what drives me nuts, this weird behavior. I am hackintoshing a little for a while now and I never experienced anything like this before. If config was correct, the boot device was irrelevant. It boots fine. DVD, USB or HD. And if not - it didn't matter either: I had a nice KP or was missing some features.

EDIT: I now feel like your animated avatar. I could just bang my head against my keyboard. :)