Dell Latitude D430 Thread

Zeppo

• Administrators

Hi,

First of all, there is no purpose in sharing my /Extra folder, its directly from the EDP, no diffrences what so ever :)

.. see for yourself...

Extra.zip

As for being able to boot from your HD - then the only thing that i can see is that the bootloader dosent get installed correctly..

Try some of the other bootloaders posted at the forum and see if that help you...

Hi,

First of all, there is no purpose in sharing my /Extra folder, its directly from the EDP, no diffrences what so ever :)

.. see for yourself...

(attachment)

Well, you said you have everything working (including battery meter and sleep). If your /Extra works, I know where to look for my own issues (bootloader, DSDT and/or kexts). If your otherwise working /Extra produces the same results as mine (KP), that's something which has purpose as well - I will know where NOT to spend time looking. Than it must be BIOS or HW.

As for being able to boot from your HD - then the only thing that i can see is that the bootloader dosent get installed correctly..

Try some of the other bootloaders posted at the forum and see if that help you...

OK, in fact it does boot from HD but the boot process always end in a KP. Every single time at the point processor identification and HPET status. This sounds rather as an DSDT issue to me. Another reason why I wanted to test yours.

THX!

battery meter has to be turned on from powermanegment prefpane if it's not on status bar.

Well, I know that. But if I try to turn it on via check box in energy prefpane, the whole icons in status bar (from the date on) move to the left. There is an empty space created, where the battery icon should appear. But it does not. Whole icons move back to the right. The check box goes unchecked. But the battery is not recognized anyway. So, probably battery meter goes away, since there is nothing to show (no battery).

• Administrators

I had alot of weird issues like your having and it was frustrating.. alot of odd ball stuff.. wound up starting from snow leopard install cd and used the disk utility from osx install cd to do a disk repair to fix errors it had from when I droped it

• Like 1

Hey,

Could you dump your dsdt..

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/17-vanilla-dsdt-collection/

I wanna see if there is a diffrence compared to mine...

.. please use a clean A09 bios...

Will do.

Since I am not into Linux (or BSD...) any live CD to suggest?

Oh, BTW: I run your /Extra version from my HD. KP

Now I'll try what happens if I boot froms stick

ee

I had alot of weird issues like your having and it was frustrating.. alot of odd ball stuff.. wound up starting from snow leopard install cd and used the disk utility from osx install cd to do a disk repair to fix errors it had from when I droped it

Boy, it is weird. But I already tried all tricks I knew. Permissions repair, volume repair, new set of permissions, a complete new install - nada, nix, niente.

Well, I'll keep up digging.

THX!

• Administrators

Well... I was reluctant and didn't want to mention that what finally fixed my issue was a spanking new harddrive. Lol but it was sata so it was inexpensive.. not that this is the case for you though... :)

ps. I didn't get to read all the post but did you ever check your memory? it also sounds like bad memory. I hate 10.6.6.. 10.6.4 was soooo much stabler.. sorry just ranting..