Dell Latitude D430 Thread

Zeppo

• Administrators

Nope, not seeing this in a guide...

Not seeing what?

re: pointing stick, you can always try the various PS2 packs.

-> Look in /Extra/Storage/kexpacks, then replace whatever you have in /E/E by the selected kexpack (copy the kexts rather than move them), then run myFix full.

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and read lot of topic and comments here but i have a problem.

i'm trying to instal ML 10.8.4 on my dell d430 but always have the same issue "ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: :registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization faile: C-state power management not initialized"

Can someone explain me how can i solve this cause i can't realy find something to here or other.

Thx a lot.

Sorry for my english i'm not native speaker :)

i saw that Hervé is from France, maybe he can help me in french ;)

Having an Issue trying to get WIFI working on my D430, It originally had an Intel card which I stripped out and replaced with a genuine Airport card from a MBP that i had scrapped. I am using a prepared Extra folder which has the DSDT modified to report a DW1395 as a real Airport, The card is not being detected at all under OS X. I had a HP version of a BCM4311 which i tried and then modified the Info.plist in the AppleAirportBrcm43224.kext plugin.

Will this DSDT edit cause the WIFI to stop working? I also tried the DSDT from EDP and setting the wireless switch to do nothing in the BIOS but none of these steps have worked.

What next? 

• Administrators

As far as I remember, the wireless model specified in the DSDT of the OSXL D430 bootpack is purely cosmetic. It's pure text, no hardware-specific info like device id or stuff like that. To be verified in your DSDT of course. I've detailed how to edit the DSDT in that respect in an article some time ago.

BCM4311 is normally supported OOB, no need to modify any kext as detailed here.

Is the card reported in the list when you issue Terminal lspci -nn? If so, please post the details. Also post your zipped DSDT as an attachment, I'll have a look.

Of course, make sure the wireless switch on the right side of the chassis is in the ON position and Wireless enabled in BIOS.

Sorry about the delay in replying, 

The genuine Airport card is an Atheros wireless N 

lspci gives me the following

0c:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Atheros Communications Inc. AR5418 Wireless Network Adapter [AR5008E 802.11(a)bgn] (PCI-Express) [168c:0024] (rev 01)

Attached below is my DSDT

Thanks

dsdt.aml.zip