E7470 please help...Mojave

Akv

I updated my Mojave. I also updated on kext files and everything worked fine. I am using 5119 clover. I restated my computer and my computer is now stuck on the Apple logo and when I try to boot from my USB. It's loads to my Mac login screen but says my keyboard isn't available please plug in Bluetooth keyboard. Please help me.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

Boot without the USB, at the Clover GUI, press spacebar. Select verbose + debug=0x100 mode

Post error message where it hangs

Do you install kexts to /L/E?

When you update the kexts, did you also update the kexts in /L/E?

Repair permissions and rebuild cache before rebooting?

I did repair permission and rebuild. I also installed on kext to l and e. 

Verbose debug didn't show anything but the Apple logo 

Should I do a fresh install with open core? I am having so many problems with clover..someone please help 

Wait to use clover and the updates clover? I am confused.

I got the updated kext using kextupdater.  When I did this I updated everything and repaired everything. That's when I had trouble with booting the e7470. But kextupdatet backed up my efi folder. So I dragged it back to my ssd and now it's booting correctly. For future when I update my kext. Should I update the kext and only put them in the efi folder. Should I remove the kext out of the L and S? Please advise me for future and how can I make sure I can update clover and get everything working?

Thanks.

Is open core hard and complicated? Is it easier to use and to update? Does it also keep my hackintosh more stable?

I also can't find the updated efi folder? Is it for clover or open core?

• Moderators

You were asking about Opencore, so I suggested to use the one I had posted in my E7470 guide by replace the entire EFI Folder.

It's not as easy as it was with Clover but once you get a hang of it, it's not that bad. 

The thing with Clover is that due to Big Sur, they had make so many changes that it's cause issue after version 5122. I'm still using 5119 before the OpenCore integration with Quirks.

I prefer kext injections than caching in /L/E or /S/L/E, cleaner without having to deal with 2 different places every time I update. Only exception is if a kext will not inject properly in EFI and must be cache to /L/E.

If you click on my signature file, you should be able to find this

I just want to be able to update my kext and use clover until open core is way more stable. Do I remove the kext from l and s when using clover now. Supposedly something was wrong with my kext because after I updated I could boot my computer. After I dragged over the efi folder that was backed up. Everything worked.

Is the kext updater app not good to use? Is that what messed it up?

• Moderators

I'm not sure what you did while upgrading the kexts. Normally updating kexts will not cause boot issue. As far as I know, kext updater will download the latest kexts to the desktop and you'll replace them to the EFI or /L/E if you have them there.

I tried to update the kext which are in the screen shots it won't boot. I added my current kext.

8483DADA-4CF8-4D8E-A160-77BF727AA61A.png

49EA5D39-DBF9-446E-9FAC-D92B247A9EC6.png

This is weird any time I try to update those kext. My computer won't boot correctly. When I use the efi backup folder it boots fine. I am confused why I can't update these kext. Please help. I am not trying to be annoying. I really want to figure this out.